• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok. i think i made my game start splitting mid game. idk why. i tihnk it might be when someone uses a certain unit and that unit kills someone. how would i know and how would i fix it. also, how do i make it that when a teammate leaves, the ally resources multiboard doesnt come up? because it takes down my other current multiboard. and how do i make it only say player x left the game/defeated once. and not like spam the screen? most concerned about the splitting though.

Level 12
ok. i think i made my game start splitting mid game. idk why. i tihnk it might be when someone uses a certain unit and that unit kills someone. how would i know and how would i fix it. also, how do i make it that when a teammate leaves, the ally resources multiboard doesnt come up? because it takes down my other current multiboard. and how do i make it only say player x left the game/defeated once. and not like spam the screen? most concerned about the splitting though.

You're gonna have to use your English skills here.

What do you mean by, "I think I made my game start splitting mid game."

Level 2
I believe that my map is splitting during the game. And i think it has to do with when a certain unit attacks...

Level 12
well its protected, but its under maps under pimped out footmen wars 1.3.

How the hell are we supposed to help you if:
A) You won't tell us about your triggers
B) You won't post the map
C) You're won't specify what's happening

Level 2
how do you not understand? my game is splitting. you ever heard of that? where all of the sudden about half or more of the players get disconnected and those players see us get disconnected. So the game splits into two games. and no one has asked about my triggers. what would you like to know? my unit kills someone and i think that is what is causing the split. would you have any idea why?

Level 12
how do you not understand? my game is splitting. you ever heard of that? where all of the sudden about half or more of the players get disconnected and those players see us get disconnected. So the game splits into two games. and no one has asked about my triggers. what would you like to know? my unit kills someone and i think that is what is causing the split. would you have any idea why?
I believe that my map is splitting during the game. And i think it has to do with when a certain unit attacks...

I've never used the term SPLITTING in regards to deSYNCing, but I've also never used a CD-Rom as a cup holder, so I guess you got me beat there. 2-0.

But if you're so adamant about saying it's "splitting because my unit kills someone", then what? Do you have a generic unit dies trigger? What?

Seriously. Did you come here for help or for negative rep?

Level 2
no im sorry. ok. heres the deal. i can buy a unit that does tons of damage to save me. and whenever he attacks, the game desyncs. sorry i didnt know the term. anyways, my trigger that concerns the unit is just when unit is bought, wait ten seconds, then kill it. i do have a trigger that is when a unit is killed, add 5 gold and lumber to the killing unit. ???

Level 12
no im sorry. ok. heres the deal. i can buy a unit that does tons of damage to save me. and whenever he attacks, the game desyncs. sorry i didnt know the term. anyways, my trigger that concerns the unit is just when unit is bought, wait ten seconds, then kill it. i do have a trigger that is when a unit is killed, add 5 gold and lumber to the killing unit. ???

So when he attacks, that's exactly when it crashes?

How are you triggering him to spawn, what model is he, and what's he attacking? Are there any other triggers related to that unit?

Other than that, it doesn't sound like anything. Have you tried changing the model of the unit and seeing if it still happens?

Level 14
I've never used the term SPLITTING in regards to deSYNCing, but I've also never used a CD-Rom as a cup holder, so I guess you got me beat there. 2-0.

But if you're so adamant about saying it's "splitting because my unit kills someone", then what? Do you have a generic unit dies trigger? What?

Seriously. Did you come here for help or for negative rep?

We do not keep yelling at someone or invoke for no good reason, There are many friendlier ways which could have been quicker and to the point, His grammar does have some problems but its pretty clear.

He has posted a fine question many have problems with. And yes it can vary in names to Splitting, Server splits and De-syncing.

Read this for server splits. http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27242

There are other causes then triggers but the method it states is the most common. If you have any problems understanding just ask alright.

For the leader board trouble you must have a melee trigger in the map, Remove this and it should be fine.

Level 2
Ok i read the thing, and i changed the amount of time in between the units attacks, which was .01 but now .08. but other than that i dont really think i had any of those problems, atleast not associated with the unit that splits it. and about the multiboard, what melee trigger would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.