• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i think you should use the "flying trick".

Do like this:
  • Flying Trick
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to ("The unit you want to change height of")
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from ("The unit you want to change height of")
      • Animation - Change ("The unit you want to change height of") flying height to (X) at (X)
Hope it helped.

EDIT -

Dont post double threads... how long did you wait for an answer??? The first thread was posted 7.36 and this one 11.17, thats 4 hours... You may have to wait 1-2 days before anyone answers.

Level 6
i think that if you want to change the height you should use this... although its wierd that it wont work when its flying already.

make sure everything is correct in your trigger, so u dont use wrong unit etc.
and post ur trigger here please.

Level 8
When i make a unit go up with triggers, the flying height, the unit isnt going up.. its a flying unit and all, but it wont go UP!!! help is very much appreciated

You are using something like: Animation - Change (Targeted unit) flying height to 460.00 at 5.00
?

Where the 460.00 in my example is the height and the 5.00 is the amount of time it takes to ascend (in this case) to that height.

If not then that may be the issue. Mind I used "targeted unit" you may have to play around with the specifics - if the unit has its own variable, then use that variable name. If it is a triggering unit use "triggering unit". You get the idea.

Another possibility may be that your trigger isn't triggering. Either your event isn't being matched or perhaps your conditions are contrary, or not being met in order for the actions to fire.

If you have a lot of action commands firing in the trigger, then perhaps one or more of them is preventing the change height command to work.

An easy way to find an error in the actions of any trigger is to add:

Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1 fired!!! After an action - you can use as many of these as you like going down the length of the trigger changing the number as you go (or use a name, a letter - something that identifies for you each step of the trigger). After each step of the trigger a message will pop up saying '1 fired' '2 fired' '3 fired'.... on down the line.

So if only half of your trigger is firing you can see in the test mode where the trigger stops.

You are using something like: Animation - Change (Targeted unit) flying height to 460.00 at 5.00
?

Where the 460.00 in my example is the height and the 5.00 is the amount of time it takes to ascend (in this case) to that height.

If not then that may be the issue. Mind I used "targeted unit" you may have to play around with the specifics - if the unit has its own variable, then use that variable name. If it is a triggering unit use "triggering unit". You get the idea.

Another possibility may be that your trigger isn't triggering. Either your event isn't being matched or perhaps your conditions are contrary, or not being met in order for the actions to fire.

If you have a lot of action commands firing in the trigger, then perhaps one or more of them is preventing the change height command to work.

An easy way to find an error in the actions of any trigger is to add:

Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1 fired!!! After an action - you can use as many of these as you like going down the length of the trigger changing the number as you go (or use a name, a letter - something that identifies for you each step of the trigger). After each step of the trigger a message will pop up saying '1 fired' '2 fired' '3 fired'.... on down the line.

So if only half of your trigger is firing you can see in the test mode where the trigger stops.

well. im making a cinematic, of my friend's idea, kinda a request for him, and theres a jumping attack in the middle, and it runs, however the unit stays on the ground, and the rest of the trigger runs. but im just gunna take lingonberry's advice and use it

Status
Not open for further replies.