• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help on opening map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
i can open my files fine on my slow computer. but if i try to bring my map files to this computer i can't open it.
says: This application has encountered a critical error:
Not enough storage is availabe to process this command.
program: c:\programfiles\warcraft iii\ worldedit.exe
Object: CustomObjectField (.?AUCustomObjectField@@)

I've tried transfering through messenger to friend then to this comp, floppy, and cd. same thing every time.

Level 11
LOL IT'S MY MAP. lol I created it, never protected it, like i said i can access it on the original computer i made it on. But not my other 2 computers.

Level 11
seeing as it's been 2 months and no replys i guess its ok to dp, i just rly need this problem fixed... STILL

i've reinstalled weu, and wc3, tried normal editor also. This is the new info to the topic lol

Level 32
Well if the imported files seem to be the problem, that easy enough to fix. Just get a reliable MPQ editor, open the map, delete the imported files and then re-import them later.

Some info from one of my old posts provides detailed instructions:
  1. Obtain and install MPQ editing software.
  2. Open the MPQ editor and select: Open File.
  3. Set the file type selector to All File Types.
  4. Browse to the folder that contains the damaged map and open it. Remember to open the correct .w3m or .w3x map, NOT a .mpq file.
  5. View the map's list file which displays all imported resources.
  6. Note: Occasionally, especially during protection / optimization, files are renamed so they are not recognizable. In this case, you should make quite a few backups, and perform trial & error tests until you get the right one.
  7. Delete each and every .mdx file (and any associated .blp texture files) which are suspected of being corrupt.
  8. Exit the MPQ editing software; no need to save the map: once the unstable files have been deleted, the map's MPQ archive will be restored.
  9. Test the map in Blizzard's World Editor and in Warcraft III.

Level 11
i've actually thought once about maybe it was the custom stuff, but didn't think any further than that... mind my asking how would they mess it up, not doubting you, just i'm hoping your wrong because models i have are doodads and i've used alot of them, but worst case scenario i'll just deal, better than redoing everything lol.

Level 32
Hmmm. If the map is editable on your old machine, and not on the new, something has gone amiss, probably with the imported content:
Object: CustomObjectField (.?AUCustomObjectField@@)
Gutting the map's MPQ file IS a strong solution, if you have a backup copy of an earlier (pre-imported files) version of it, you might try working with that one.

At any rate, this thread would probably get more hits if it were in the World Editor Help Zone instead of Warcraft Discussion: more users will see it there and may able to provide alternate solutions.

~ Thread moved to WEHZ.

Level 40
Someone needs to make a decent de-protection tool. I fucking hate protected maps, it's lame and useless. If people decide to post edited versions, they will probably suck more than the original and nobody will join. Amen.
There is a very good one out there, but discussion of this topic is rather taboo, and the fact is that people will steal maps anyways, either to release edited versions or just to take resources from them. It's best to not put this into widespread use - the people who can crack maps without a nice and easy protector won't need to steal anything anyways, since they will be able to do it themselves.

Level 11
yeah sorry dunno why i did that b4, i'm currently dling program but ya'know dial up -.- I see what your getting at now... dang i guess i'll also check what custom models i have on my bad comp and so i can search for them, hopin they were all from here and not wc3c would take forever.

Just incase i made a back up. But didn't have pre-import stupid me

ahhh edit
deleted everything then tried to open and said "level info data missing or invalid" (freaking gay there was like 30 things in that folder and majority was just icons ... it was a loap map i was remaking... and it had hentai pics XD)

Level 11
I doubt that seeing as all my maps i try to transfer from computers, do this. Even tried sending map to friend on msn messenger, and then logged into other computer and he sent it to better comp and still same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.