• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help! My model is backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...
I was making my first model ever See this and have just discovered that it is facing backwards...
I figured it would be a quick fix, so I grabbed everything in the scene and rotated it around the Z axis to make it face the other way... This did not work as desired.
So currently when I set the view to front it is looking at the butt of my bee. Having only looked at this view with it on wireframe mode I never noticed.
How do I fix this?

Mmkay I found that if I rotate just the main bone that everything will rotate fine, but is there a better way to do this? I dont want the model to mess up if I disable a "skin" modifier.

Level 18
Yeah, rotate the main bone.

Open the model in Magos, edit the mother bone (the one that contains everything)
and set its rotation for each animation to { 0, 0, 1, 0 }. Do the same for the end frames

So if you have 2 animations, beginning respectively from frames 2000 and 4000 to 3000 and 5000, you will have:

Rotation:
Code:
2000: { 0, 0, 1, 0 }
3000: { 0, 0, 1, 0 }
4000: { 0, 0, 1, 0 }
5000: { 0, 0, 1, 0 }

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the Oinkerwinkle Geoset Translator and rotate the entire model?

But that might bug the model immensely. The translator just rotates the mesh and all event objects(attachment points, lights and stuff like that), but does NOT rotate the bones correctly.

I recommend you either to redo the animations from scratch or finish them and then use a trick: Add a root bone or helper that is connected to all other bones and then set rotation for this bone for all animation to 180°.

Status
Not open for further replies.