• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help meplz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi i am trying to make a spell like wave of fire it should be easy but im new to map making lol but anyway i want to make it look like "shoting wave of flame" but i want it like a ward. can some one plz tell me how to do this i know it sounds easy to you but im new to all this. Thanks for the help.

Level 9
Sorry but I am just too lazy right now but you can begin w/ the idea of creating a dummy unit w/ reign of fire ability to the position of your hero or whither when your hero cast a spell then order this dummy unit as last created unit to cast reign of fire then wait seconds & remove last created unit.

Level 11
Ok... so from what I got you want the unit to keep shooting flames (like the one from the Pandaren Brewmaster) but more than one wave? And, do you want it non-channeling? It's easy... Create a dummy unit. It should have locust ability, a Fire Breath (like the one from PB) with no cooldown, no mana cost, and the damage you want. And here comes the trigger:

Event - An Unit Starts The Effect of an Ability
Conditions - Ability Being Cast equal to YourAbility
Actions - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting Unit)) at position of (Casting Unit) facing 0.00 degrees
- For (Integer A) from 1 to 6 do actions
- Order (LastCreatedUnit) to Neutral - Pandaren Brewmaster - FireBreath at position of (LastCreatedUnit)
- wait 1.00
// -endFOR ->This is where the for ends
- Remove (LastCreatedUnit)

Of course, you can change the second value in the FOR (Which is now 6) to how many waves you want.

And Harper, if you think you are too lazy I suggest you just don't show it. Explain people in general what to do and just don't mention the lazy part. ;)

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.