• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Help me coding these thingies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi, I need some help scripting these abilities, +REP ofc even if you don't help me for all of them. If you do, you'll get a cookie :grin:

Ability #1

Fission
The hero emits a ray of disintegrating energy (recoloured lightning effect) at a target point. Slows all enemies in 100 range near any point of the ray by X% and deals Y damage per second. Channeling. Drains Z mana per second.
2000 cast range. No cooldown.

Ability #2a

Energy Crystals
The hero puts wards on the ground. Nothing unusual.

Ability #2b

Fusion
A crystal can bind itself to another one (a lightning effect appears between them). Any unit crossing the lightning is able to move only along it until they reach its end. E.g.: (dots in 1) are supposed to be spaces; o = unit; C = crystal; --- = lightning)

1)
.......o
C------------C

2)

C----o-------C

3)

oC------------C

-or-

C------------Co

A crystal can connect to an unlimited amount of crystals. Each crystal lasts 3 minutes. Range limit of Fusion is 600. If a connected crystal disappears, the connection link breaks.

SOS

Last edited:
Level 3
#1 is pretty complicated, you need distance between caster and target point/100 points to get unit groups within 100 range of all points, then do damage and dummy thunder clap on all points every second, and the mana drain also needs a periodic trigger..

Level 9
OK, the reason I posted that HERE is that I can't figure out how to bloody CODE that in JASS. I'm expecting answers with source code, not just what kind of triggers I need (cause I know that, I'm working with that editor for years, just these skills are rather complicated).

Status
Not open for further replies.