• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] HELP-- Dialog Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay so I have this trigger where dialog appears and, depending on the 'button' chosen, the Computer will automatically run an AI.

For instance, when an Orc computer player is present, the dialog box appears to Player 1 and asks which Orc tribe he would like to face. The options, naturally, include Warsong, Frostwolf, etc.

Here is the issue... I can't get it to work for more than one Computer player of a race. So I'm stuck with 1 of each race because I can't determine a way to trigger it with multiple possibilities (So that I can choose 1 Frostwolf, 1 Warsong, etc.)

Any ideas? Thanks :grin:

Level 2
Please post the triggers here in the
  • tags so we can look at them and see what exactly you are trying to do. Do you have triggered AI? Can you set the races to be there in WE but you are just having trouble with the selection sequence? If so, a simple dialogue will do it. I can show you how but please post the triggers.[/QUOTE]
  • I don't have triggered AI. I have custom AI that has its script activated via trigger depending on the selection of the Enemy Clan. The problem is I can't make the option available for all players of the given race, just one. And I can't make a similar dialog box with other races without the game crashing because they are trying to run at the same time. Here's the trigger
  • [ATTACH]132600.vB[/ATTACH]
  • [ATTACH]132601.vB[/ATTACH]

Ok, so I can't really read those images very well, but I will try to help. Next time just right-click and select "copy as text" in trigger editor then paste the triggers here inside trigger tags:
  • Events - A trigger is posted to this forum
It will look like that.

So it looks like you can create the dialogue for each player the way you are doing it. You use an array for the dialogue index. example: Dialogue[int a] Then the event should be "a dialogue button is clicked"
Next you need to create and set up the AI for the race that they selected so you need have an event.

• Events
    • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog[1]
    • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog[2]
    • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog[3]
    • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog[4]
One for each player with a dialogue.

Now you could loop with integers or set up individual if/then conditions:

• If - Conditions
    • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Dialog[5]
  • Actions - then
Here's a good tutorial. I hope that helps.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/dialogs.php

Status
Not open for further replies.