• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok so...first...how to add a weapon into someone's hand...i try to add the code to the model file(wrong) and transform the monster into a sword... please answer and how can i set the max. lvl of skills and characters

Level 11
Hi Nedetheo!
1. To add a weapon you need to create a dummy ability (create a new ability ex: Item Armor Bonus +1) and set defense bonus to 0. At Art - Target add the weapon model you wish to add to the unit.
At Art Target - Attachment Point 1 write "hand,right" or "hand,left" (right or left hand to attach)
Then give the ability to the unit.

Level 6
Ok so...first...how to add a weapon into someone's hand...i try to add the code to the model file(wrong) and transform the monster into a sword... please answer and how can i set the max. lvl of skills and characters
The other kid did post the correct way to add weapons to your hands. You just put the ability as normal under the target unit. If you want the weapon to change in game you use triggers to remove the abilitiy and add a new one with the other weapon model.

To change max hero level you go into advanced settings. Use custom settings. And scroll down to max hero level and set it to what you want.

Level of skills is decided in the object editior spell tab. You just change the number of levels on the spell you want to change or make a new spell.

Level 1
Hey!

I didn't get the thing with the weapon... I tried to make an abillity and added to a Hero... But didn't work... Dunno why... I DID something wrong, but don't know what... Can someone help me?

Level 6
It has to a be a Unit Ability. Change the Armor +1 where it says Item Ability - True, to False. Otherwise make sure the model you're using works propery like changing the model of the peasant to the weapon just to see if you imported it correct.

Edit: While I'm at it, who's a quote from General_Frank for you new comers, Nedetheo and Soner.
Welcome to the Hive ! !ntroduce yourself to the Hive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.