• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone. Although I have just registered, I first started using this site back in 06 or 07. I had just never seen a reason to register at the time.

I have not been to this site/any wc3 related site in roughly 4 years or so (the time it took me to get my B.S.).

The avenue I am currently interested in is writing a library to deal with a lot of the wc3 stuff and then working on an animation/rigging tool.

My motivation in this regard is that I have always been interested in game development. I have been working on an isometric 3d multiplayer game occasionally just for funzies.

I figured that wc3 would be a nice testing area for me to work on practicing features that I lack such as: skeletal animation (I currently use a system where the animations are baked onto the model, which is suboptimal for my desired game) and work on my art/animation skills (no experience animating or rigging models :( ).

Status
Not open for further replies.