• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello there from me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I've been a fan of Warcraft modding since I was six or seven years old and making maps on Warcraft II. However, my interest had subsided, more or less, until just a few weeks ago, when a combination of factors spurred me to open up the Map Editor again and set about making a map. My own intuition brought me to my internet browser on a search for custom models, and a quick Google search brought me to the Hive. Though I initially hesitated about joining, I finally decided to do so.

When it comes to Warcraft, I am an orc and goblin kind of guy, and I am currently working on a map (which will perhaps become a series of maps) in which, rather than playing as generic orcs, the player instead chooses one of twelve clans, each with unique units and the like, and plays the mission thereas. The story is not tied into the Warcraft timeline proper, though it is tied to the lore. Rather than trying to fit my tale into the current WoW- and Wc3-ified timeline, the tale, as far as the tale is important, will deal with an alternate timeline. The clans, for anyone wondering, are Blackrock, Stormreaver, Shattered Hand, Laughing Skull, Black Tooth Grin, Twilight's Hammer, Dragonmaw, Frostwolf, Bleeding Hollow, Burning Blade, Warsong, and Shadowmoon.

Anyhow, hello. I look forward to my time as a member of this wonderful little community.

Level 2
Oh, and by the way...

By the way, if anyone needs a good copy editor (that is, someone to check grammar, spelling, and punctuation), English (and language in general) is one of my specialities. I love to correct grammar, spelling, and style. So, if you care about that sort of thing in your project, just ask. I'll try to copy edit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.