• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello all! - Help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there; I'm "Replicator". I am new to this website (First post actually.) and to the Editor itself (Never really getting into map-making in the past). I would like some assistance with Triggers; most prominently Custom Races.

Yes; I have seen a few posts whilst scrolling about for help. But no, they did not work or I couldn't figure out how to do it. So here we go...

I've made a custom race, Hovrinnas; Yadah-Yadah. I can't get the generic triggers working.
like " call MeleeInitVictoryDefeatCustomized() "
I didn't/couldn't figure out/get it working. It gives me a Script Error of it expecting a name or something.

Here; it says " Expected a function name ". I'm not sure if it's asking for the Variable mentioned in the answer that replaced the Reveal text; or anything for that matter.

--

Then we have the start. I would like to have them spawn in and either choose a handicap on a race to choose their race (Which I have no clue how to do! This is the most preferred solution!). Or spawn in and choose in game (Which I only have a vague idea on how to do this; because of the previously mentioned troubles.)

--

But also consider; I want other players to be able to choose custom or go vanilla in their race choices and have no repercussions for doing so.

-
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.