• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD & LD pictures - for icon making

What do you think about my work?

• Its great! I like your style!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Most of it is pretty good ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some good, some bad. I'm pretty neutral about it...

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • "I would have thought of something better" ^^;

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Shoot me! :O

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
HD & LD pictures - for icon making or anything ^^

Hello guys. I decided to make a thread where I will usually post some images that I make in my free time. Some images will be of HD (High Definition) quality and some of LD (Low Definition).

If you want, you can also ask me for .psd version of the pics, but I cannot promise that they will be much editable. I might also not have .psd format of every picture, but 99% I should have it.

Please feel free to post your feelings/thoughts/ideas or whatever that comes to your head when you see my images. :wink:

Attachments

• Flowerpic1.png
    Flowerpic1.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 231
  • FrostThunderpic1.png
    FrostThunderpic1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 250
  • FrostThunderpic2.png
    FrostThunderpic2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 223
  • Nukepic1.png
    Nukepic1.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Collisionpic1.png
    Collisionpic1.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 314
  • Royaltypic1.png
    Royaltypic1.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 134
  • waterpic1.png
    waterpic1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 219
  • violetpic1.png
    violetpic1.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 137
  • pinkflowerpic1.png
    pinkflowerpic1.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 126
  • pinkstarpic1.png
    pinkstarpic1.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 134
  • puzzlepic1.png
    puzzlepic1.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 217
  • venompic1.png
    venompic1.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 158
  • yellowliquidpic1.png
    yellowliquidpic1.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 166
  • frostwarppic1.png
    frostwarppic1.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Level 5
You are pathetic guys... Seems to me like you've never used photoshop..

Ok, from now on I will be making more Warcraft 3 related Art, I'm currently making something like sabers out of the ground image.. should be alright.

Level 2
Looks like you don't know to draw at all, so you excuse yourself using photoshop filters. Seriously, DRAW something, this is not art, those are random scraps and shitty filters. I am really tired of people like you thinking they MADE or KNOW something.

Level 5
I will not argue with people whether I have copied something off or not, but I will say only one thing... I NEVER COPY OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK, IN FACT I HATE EVERYONE WHO DOES THAT, and if you think I have copied it, then no one asks you to bullshit around this topic, please leave it then. Also, for some rude people like Nudl9, I have written in my first post that I have Photoshop files of all of those images that have some stages of my work, so you cannot say that I have stolen them off somewhere else..

Level 5
tell me what to draw.. within reasons of course.
Don't ask me to draw something that requires a scanner, because I don't have one.

I have attached a picture I have did a while ago which took me about 3 hours to draw. I drew it following a tutorial, so if you find something similar, look at the sky and the details of the city, they are completely different to the one made in the tutorial, and sorry, but I don't have .psd file in it that shows stages of my working.

Attachments

• citypic1.jpg
    citypic1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I have attached a picture I have did a while ago which took me about 3 hours to draw. I drew it following a tutorial, so if you find something similar, look at the sky and the details of the city, they are completely different to the one made in the tutorial, and sorry, but I don't have .psd file in it that shows stages of my working.
Link to the tutorial so we can see it please.

Level 5
Well, do you have a psd format for every image that you make? I have a psd of it, but I don't have stages of making in it. If you want, I can redraw the sky bit, or tell me to draw something else (that doesn't require hand sketches because I don't have a scanner). You can also compare my picture to the picture in the tutorial, where do you think I can get a half finished image of the one in the tutorial with a completely different sky and city layout?

Level 35
or tell me to draw something else

I will settle this: And I shall take you up on your offer.

As the art moderator here, I have a request for you, and by completing this request you will prove either your innocence, or guilt.

I request a simple picture.

I want a blood elf tower, a simple...blood elf tower. To be hand drawn/painted in photoshop (IE: No cut and paste). And a stormy sky behind it.

I believe you can do this rather easily, since your latest work shows something in the way of talent, if you did not steal it of course (but we will soon find out :p) Afterall...you had to draw those buildings somehow.

---

I want to see three WIP pics of this requested art piece.

A gesture work (line art/sketch) of the tower and sky line. Some form of basic guide drawing at the least.

A picture of it in the process of it being painted.

Another picture of it, in the process of being painted (except further along)

Then the finished product.

Do this request, and prove either your innocence or guilt.

(And worry not...I can easily make my own blood elf tower...this is for your sake, not mine)

(by the way...that rose...I believe that would require something in the way of drawing it by hand...unless it was a pattern brush that you used...)

Level 5
Yes, that pink rose was a pattern brush, but the blue one was drawn in photoshop fully...
How long do I have to fulfill your request? I study in school you know, but I will attempt it today and tomorrow. I will do a hand drawing of it first, and then I will try to color it in photoshop (I will take a picture of the drawing with my phone and then send it to my laptop since I don't posses a scanner).
Btw thanks for your understanding, giving me the chance to proove myself and for your wiseness as an Art Moderator.

p.s. how does a blood elf tower look like?

Level 35
You are welcome, I usually like to give a person a chance to prove themselves, since it is only fair to have due process.

You have...about a week. I am lenient on the time ofc, but a week should do nicely.

This is what Blood Elf Architecture is like.

wowscrnshot_041508_000715.jpg

I would also like to see a doorway ofc :) Just to make sure it isn't copy pasted. (safe than sorry and all that)

Level 5
Alright, thanks for showing it. Basically I need to design the tower... Ohh well, I will start on it right now. I hope it will look somewhat nice, the sketch I mean. Don't rely on my rendering... I've done one sketch of a tower in a bloodelf style, I will now photoshop it.

Attachments

• 20082006324.jpg
    20082006324.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Level 5
Just to update people on my work..
I'm still going over the sketch with smooth solid black lines in Adobe Illsutrator, Im not sure wether I will be able to finish that today(it takes ages!!), and then I will need to insert it into photoshop and do the background as well. But I believe I will be able to finish it within the given time period.

Level 5
OK, I will be able to finish outlining the tower today, not sure exactly when, but today.I will post the outline version as well, as I have made tiny changes in it.

As I said I will finish outlining today, I did so. I have attached the outlined version of the tower with some changes.

Now I have also done some rendering of the tower with basic effects, needs more improvement I guess..

Attachments

• towerpic1.jpg
    towerpic1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 102
  • towerpic2.jpg
    towerpic2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Level 5
Elanai, thank you once again. This work looks different perhaps because you haven't seen the finished bit (which is still not ready :( ) and also because this is the first work that I have done from a hand sketch onto a computer and different programs. Anyway, I will now present the work I got up to! Sorry, I know I was supposed to finish it in the given time, but after seeing my work I'm sure you will understand my reasons. They are :

• Takes too long for any part of it
  • Sometimes extremely boring, so I stop working on it from time to time
  • It is extremely complicated with the lighting of the scene
  • sometimes I just run out of ideas
  • I also don't have much time on it(in the first week and now) because I have to go to school from 8 to 4:20 and even after that I need to do my prep..
Well enough of talk, check out my work below ;)

... Also sorry, i forgot to save the file when I was drawing the lightning, but I did save it before I selected the finest brush (2px) and went over it to outline the thundery bits ... perhaps you can say the same about the sky ...

Attachments

• tower1.jpg
    tower1.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 78
  • tower2.jpg
    tower2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 91
  • tower3.jpg
    tower3.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 71
  • tower4.jpg
    tower4.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 53
  • tower5.jpg
    tower5.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 46
  • tower6.jpg
    tower6.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 56
  • tower7.jpg
    tower7.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 49
  • tower8.jpg
    tower8.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 70
  • tower9.jpg
    tower9.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 63
  • tower10.jpg
    tower10.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 60
  • tower11.jpg
    tower11.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 80
  • tower12.jpg
    tower12.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 43
  • tower13.jpg
    tower13.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 58
Level 5
no, the coloring was done with gradients at first, and then using the burn tool, bright tool and an air brush, but as I said, I still haven't finished this image... and I have worked in the photoshop cs3 but outlined the tower in illustrator.
And you don't have to say sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.