• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harvesting lumber bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When you harvest lumber, and that you have a lumber mill, the harvester will sometimes prefer to bring wood to the lumber mill, even if it takes more time than going directly to the town hall. Moreover, if you have a lumber harvester from the goblin laboratory, and that you have a closed base with a lumber mill inside, and that the goblin is outside the base, the harvester will desesperatly try to bring the lumber to the mill, while he can't access it and just have to bring it to the town hall.

Replay

Level 9
Actually this bug is applicable to Gold mining too. There are times where I move some of my peasants to my expansion base, then the peasants will bring the sack of gold to the first town hall, which is farther than the town hall of the expansion obviously.

Level 28
Let's not forget that sometime the AI can cause a bug which makes the workers harvest far away from your base location this is usual for gold even if you have a gold mine just next to your base but it's like he ignoring that gold mine and go for the farther one...

Level 29
This probably is an leftover from early development phase of game when they still had lumber drop-off bonus on these structures.
For those that dont know: Lumbermills/Oil Refineries in wcII give some bonus lumber/oil per load, so the gatherer prefers going there instead the town hall/shipyard.

@Blancfaye
That sembles more like an outrageous amount of delay, did that game went out of sync later on, etc ?

Level 9
This probably is an leftover from early development phase of game when they still had lumber drop-off bonus on these structures.
For those that dont know: Lumbermills/Oil Refineries in wcII give some bonus lumber/oil per load, so the gatherer prefers going there instead the town hall/shipyard.

@Blancfaye
That sembles more like an outrageous amount of delay, did that game went out of sync later on, etc ?

No. It was happening to me when I Shift + Click my units. (I always do this). Idk if it's related, but I am very sure (it happened to me several times in-game) that SOMETIMES the peasant (or group of peasants) would go to the main town hall instead of the expansion.

Level 6
Actually this bug is applicable to Gold mining too. There are times where I move some of my peasants to my expansion base, then the peasants will bring the sack of gold to the first town hall, which is farther than the town hall of the expansion obviously.

No. It was happening to me when I Shift + Click my units. (I always do this). Idk if it's related, but I am very sure (it happened to me several times in-game) that SOMETIMES the peasant (or group of peasants) would go to the main town hall instead of the expansion.

I guess a replay with this would be quite interesting too. Never seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.