• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo Scorpion

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M808B_Main_Battle_Tank

Credits:
-Peper- - mesh, wrap, walk anim, particles
Revilo - wrap fixes
Izanagi - anims
GhostThruster - texture, anim fixes, particles

Or just credit the Halo Boys.

UPDATE: -Peper- added a better explosion, and then I added an even better explosion. And texture is reduced in filesize.

Keywords:
Scorpion, tank, vehicle, armor, cannon, treads, tank beats everything!, Halo, UNSC, sexy big explosion
Contents

Halo Scorpion (Model)

Reviews
00:53, 28th Apr 2011 anarchianbedlam: over 1000 particles on death. the texture animations on the treads are completely fucked up. You have a lot of waste space in your texture, and wasted space is wasting KB. you could probably rearrange it and...

M

00:53, 28th Apr 2011
anarchianbedlam: over 1000 particles on death. the texture animations on the treads are completely fucked up. You have a lot of waste space in your texture, and wasted space is wasting KB. you could probably rearrange it and resize it to 512/256 if you wanted to preserve that.... err... "quality". And those are just the TECHNICAL flaws. I cant even begin to describe how malformed this abomination is.

8th May 2011
General Frank:
The mesh is still very deformed and does not look like a Halo franchise scorpion tank.
The texture stretches in various places. The animated textures on the threads are just wrong.
The animation are very stiff and unnatural for a tank.
The particle effects look very unpolished and basic.

Level 7
Testing now

3(1/2)/5 Awesome model, but it has some things that could be improved,

the flare from firing could be a bit more impressive, you kinda have to squint to see this one, the joint from the cannon to the tank is probably a bit too big and the treads from the tank need to be bigger (they almost meet up in the middle if I remember correctly)

also the display thing... (don't remember what its called but it is usualy a bust of the character when selected) goes through the tanks animation cycle including it exploding (which is a bit destracting)

aside from those things, cool model

Level 15
Maybe they've updated it since all these bad reviews, but it seems fine to me. The only thing I don't like is the death animation because its too quick and unrealistic. The scorpion would have to be hit with a nuke to fly apart like that. You should make it more like anarch's prowler where the pieces just sort of fall apart.

Level 11
I've played all tha Halo games and i think this looks very nice :D!
Though those two squares on the front... i dont think they look good, i dont think they fit, and i dont remember them on the tanks :eek: should just be a plain area there i think... anyways fix tha animation stuff everybody's talking about and this is a real nice tank.

And before you ask not to criticize it, maybe you should check out the animations.
I never said the model was perfect, I said that people need to keep in mind this is not a Halo: Reach scorpion tank, because I have seen comments about how it needs to look a certain way, when, previously, scorpion tanks did not look the way they asked.
And I never said to not criticize the model, I said to consider when it was made before they criticize it.

@People who complained without constructive criticism: Please supply constructive criticsm.

@darkdeathknight: Please suggest how the anims should be improved (the Scorpions in the Halo games were pretty stationary too when driven).

@TL1 - Inferno: Yep, it looks closest to Halo 1, though I purposely skinned it green like in Halo 3.

@tleno: Glad you have faith in me, padawan :p

@Raven0: Awww, I liked the death anim :p