• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hagnarus

Hagnarus is an update of Kalson.
I put on a different topic because it uses custom textures.
In it used the sword Destructionmourne with new textures.

Accepted opinions of improvement. ;-)

=-=-=UPDATE=-=-=
New Face.
New Shoulder.
New Texture.
=-=-=UPDATE=-=-=
New moviment Spell.
=-=-=UPDATE=-=-=
Moviemnt Spell.
=-=-=UPDATE=-=-=
Effect on hair.

Keywords:
Hagnarus, Kalson, Death, Knight, JoySoy
Contents

Hagnarus (Model)

Reviews
22:11, 15th Jan 2013 -Grendel: would be useful i guess.

M

22:11, 15th Jan 2013
-Grendel: would be useful i guess.

Sure, there are lots of death knights... But at the same time, there are situations where a person might want many unique death knights, so I can see the possible usefulness in this. Maybe if somebody wanted to create yet another "7 blademasters" spinoff, and wanted to make each hero actually unique.

Also, since only small parts of the textures were significantly changed, you should have imported custom textures of only those parts, to re-wrap to those changed areas. Would have saved a LOT of file size.

It's approvable, though, in my opinion, because it does have a decent amount of changes and could be useful to some people.

I'm giving it a 2/5. If you can get the file size lowered from 571 KB to around 350 KB, I'll raise the rating to a 3/5.

Edit: You've lowered the file size drastically from 571 KB to 367 KB, I'm raising my rating to a 3/5.

Last edited:
Much better with a file size of 367 KB. I feel like it could probably be lowered more, but this is suitable enough for a 3/5.

You could probably blend a rough, more contrasted texture with the material layer used on the shoulders in order to give him the neat look that his previous shoulder plates had.

You might also want to change his face, so he looks less like other death knights. Maybe use admiral proudmore's face.

Level 26
You shouldn't have given him the undead arthas face... There are already so many death knight/lich king models that look just like that. You should have given him an undead-ified version of somebody else's face, like uther or the admiral, blending material layers or using tinted geoset animations to make the faces look less healthy.

Or a skeletal version? Skeletal Arthas would be a slight new twist to this generic model. ;O

Level 26
LoL Undead Knight on foot is pretty much the same as Death Knight on foot with some changes.

My point was that this model isn't that different from those either.
It's still arthas, with a sword, swinging in the same manner, with the same getup,
the same clothes, generally the same sword although that matters very little.

Last edited: