• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gundam 00 Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there! Although I'm not new to the forums, I've seldom visited every now and then, barely knowing a thing. Having read some rules and whatnot, I think I'm ready for a request.

The Reason behind it
- My interests were peaked once I started playing two different, yet similar AoS games: Battle Tanks v8.35 and DotA Allstars v6.49b (Defense of the Ancients). Both games were excellent, high quality maps, yet I still felt as though there was an atmosphere which acted as a blind spot for my fun. DotA had good heroes, but I wanted a more futuristic, Battle Tanks feeling to it. Battle Tanks is fun and has a good foundation, but its heroes were slightly....how should I say it? Not as thralling and defying as DotA heroes.

The Idea
- I wanted to create a map. An AoS map. Combining both the top qualities of DotA and Battle Tanks, with a touch of futuristic firepower. Unique, robotic/futuristic heroes that hold passive firearm items on the go.

Recently watching Gundam 00, I've spotted a few robots that would perfectly fit the long-range, artillery support area, possibly frontier lines as well.

My first request (I will try to get better pictures):
Tieren Pic 01 (Good front view)
Tieren Pic 02 (Side view)
Tieren Pic 03 (A good front view of what it'd look like in combat)

Perfect frontier line unit, and it could work as long range support, seeing as it has a cannon protrusion attached to its forearm. However, perhaps it'd look better if it was holding the cannon (As a gun) in its left hand. I'm not very good with models. >.<

Maybe a good base model for this unit would be the Battle Golem (Taken its bulky size and shaping). However, branching out my thoughts, I came to the conclusion that the attack animation and sequencing might not fit as well. If the model's attack sequence cannot be changed, then it's look ridiculous thrashing on about with its left and right arms, firing bombardments and artillery as it goes.

*Will be requesting more in the future*

Thank you in advance! Feel free to ask questions or suggest advice!

Level 22
Last time i checked, wc3campaigns had at least one good looking battle mech.
Very nice request, but I think you might need to work on the map a bit more before anyone is willing to fill your request.
I wish you luck, though. The map concept sounds very interesting.

Level 2
Last time i checked, wc3campaigns had at least one good looking battle mech.
Very nice request, but I think you might need to work on the map a bit more before anyone is willing to fill your request.
I wish you luck, though. The map concept sounds very interesting.
Thank you. I guess I should include some concept art and a screenshot of the map terrain, eh? :) Sounds good.

Does the Battle Mech look anything like the screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.