• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Guided Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i am producing a map, and i want to make a spell "guided missile" for one hero - you cast it for a few seconds, fire it, and it slowly follows the target until it hits him for massive damage... but i also want it to do some other things - and i need help with them:
1. show an "X" text over the target while casting (so he would know he is targeted and he should run)
2. share vision with the bullet when the spell is casted (at least a small circle)
3. destroy the missile, if the target can escape the missile too far away or for a long time (the main point - because otherways its just stupid :D)
(i would be very happy if its possible without JASS :D)

thanks a lot for every help!

Level 7
thanks a lot :) took me a while to become at least a bit familiar with hashtables :D, but it works nice :) (although i didnt think its that complicated :D)

but one small thing is wrong :D the X appears after the spell is casted...
and i need to give the spell for example 2 seconds cast time - and to make the X appear when the cast is started, not the missile is created :) [target will see that the spell is cast on him so he can run even before the missile is fired :)] do you know what i mean?

Level 28
Well, to be fair: the X appears at the same time the spell is casted :p

I updated the spell (see previous post), but it is even more complicated now :p
That is because first, we have to run a timer before the missile can get spawned - I implemented this timer in the already existing timed trigger (the mode trigger), so we have to create an extra check to see whether the missile has already been spawned or not.

Oh, and the MUI dummy is so every unit can cast the spell more than once at the same time (this may not be useful in your map, but just for safety... if I didn't add that, it would bug when cast more than once at the same time).

Well, just check it out... I hope you like the changes :)

Level 7
sorry for such a long time between response :D when i copied the spell from your map to mine, i missed the MUI dummy with the missile dummy, so there always appeared 2 rockets, which were also a bit random because i set also cast time in the object editor :D but i have a small request now - can you update it somehow, so it also stuns the targetted unit? :) thanks a lot.

Level 28
No problem ^^

I've added a dummy stun ability (you have to add it to the rocket, as I didn't want to create yet another dummy :D).
And the triggers have been modified as well, of course.

If you want to be able to increase/decrease the stun duration per level, then you can give the dummy stun ability multiple levels and set the ability level of the dummy to whatever you want after he is created.

Status
Not open for further replies.