• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grenade-Type Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, guys, Zovc again with another basic question.

I'm wondering how I should go about making a grenade-type spell...
What I'm looking for at least would be a simple grenade being thrown with an explosion causing AoE damage and a stun, but I'd also like to have the Blood Mage's "Flamestrike" effect.

Should this be achieved through triggers, or is there a basic skill in warcraft that could cover this?

I'm trying to make a "Engineer" character for my CTF map, and I have questions about all of his skills. I haven't tried to make him yet, but I know he'll be problematic.

I was thinking that his skills would be as follows:
A basic net, nothing difficult here.
Instead of a second innate skill (see my CTF map's thread for information on them) I wanted for him to sell porta-stores, these stores sell portable towers, potions, and things of that nature. Porta-stores would need to be too small to block off hallways on their own.
Mecha-Wolves, using the DireWolf model by levigeorge1617, I'm still deciding on whether or not they should have any abilities of their own.
Either Cluster Rockets or the Above mentioned grenade skill.
Engineering Upgrade, used to upgrade the engineer's stats, grenades, and his net.
Mecha-Scorpion (ultimate), using the Archnathid_Range model by levigeorge1617, I wanted for it to have slow poison.

Anyways, is it at all possible to make a grenade with a sub-effect of flamestrike?

Level 3
The easiest way to do the stun grenade would be to use flametrike then trigger the stun. All you would have to do is dummy cast war stomp at the center of the flamestrike cast.

Level 6
Try useing the cluster rocket ability and change the projectile art to a mortor teams missle, or rocket which ever you want, then change the art target to flamestrike, only thing is if 4 people are hit your gonna see 4 flame strikes 8 )
give that a try.

Level 4
Actually this spell is already made using vexorians spell templates. His system is only posted on wc3campaigns.com I'm afraid. because he is hosted there. Just goto their resource section and look through is pre-made spells that he has made with the templates, read up a little on his templates(in comment files already in the map) and then you can learn how to do his exact spell but add the effect you are looking for. Though may I suggest a different effect, I'm sure you can find an explosion model in the models section on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.