• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Green Circle TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey everyone,

I'll be working on a rather old map named Green Circle TD 10.8 which was originally developped by Doom.
I've seeked contact with the developer due to the current mode being unfinishable due to laggs (which is purely because it contains so many effects/elements that the game engine can not properly process them late game) and he decided to give me an unprotected map of his latest stable version (which was 10.8 in this case).

It had to be converted from WEU to WEX as he used the old unsupported editor.

My experience with map development isn't high at all so it'll be a learning process for me as well.

I plan to first modify the map so it's fully enjoyable again, work on reducing the amount of useless effects (like 40 light beams at each spawn) and then improve the game by building further upon it's base.

If you seek footage, google "Green Circle TD Warcraft 3" and plenty will pop up ;)

If anyone would be interested in joining me in this project, feel free to hit me up :D

Level 4
That's cool. I do hope you make the towers more balanced as I distinctly remember back in the day being cursed at for building tower X instead of tower Y because it's the best starting tower, followed by mass amounts of leaking until I FINALLY could afford to upgrade the tower to a strong enough version to get a few kills.

Level 1
Hey everyone,

I'll be working on a rather old map named Green Circle TD 10.8 which was originally developped by Doom.
I've seeked contact with the developer due to the current mode being unfinishable due to laggs (which is purely because it contains so many effects/elements that the game engine can not properly process them late game) and he decided to give me an unprotected map of his latest stable version (which was 10.8 in this case).

It had to be converted from WEU to WEX as he used the old unsupported editor.

My experience with map development isn't high at all so it'll be a learning process for me as well.

I plan to first modify the map so it's fully enjoyable again, work on reducing the amount of useless effects (like 40 light beams at each spawn) and then improve the game by building further upon it's base.

If you seek footage, google "Green Circle TD Warcraft 3" and plenty will pop up ;)

If anyone would be interested in joining me in this project, feel free to hit me up :D
Hey Kevin0z

Still working on it? I know this post is quite old but I would be really interested in a coop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.