• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GOW Locust Model Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
8169764,tid=i.jpg
locust.jpg

I am making a Gears of War map for TFT. It is going to have a AoTZ feature to make more action in it than the otheres, and is going to iclude a cover system, a pick up and equip weapon system, and other things from GOW (I will be constatnly replaying it to find more ideas for the map).
To make it I am going to need a Locust Drone model.
It can be a model/skin edit of the marine, just rip off some of the armor and make him look Locust...ish. He also doesn't need a weapon because I'm going to attach them to him depending on what the player picks up. Here are some pictures to show you what I mean.
If that isn't enough pictures, I can put some more or you can look up at google.

If you can help me please post or P.M. me.
Thanks

Level 31
OK man, this is what I got so far.

It's just a simple geomerge onto the marine's body and a reskin.Head based on the Pit Lord's head.

if you want anything changed, nows the time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, He dose have custom animations were he crouches down, as if he's crouching down behind a wall. Attack Defend, Stand Defend, and Stand Ready Defend animations.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:
Level 31
He's using a custom skin, yes. I probably add some more brown, but I wont darken it, atleast not much.. I've played the game aswell. I was using reference pics and game time(as in playing it whileIwas making the skin) for the coloration, and the Locust, escpecialy the grubs and drones are very pale.

Level 12
Ok I haven't really played it in a while so I was basing it off the concept pictures. Thanks for pointing that out to me. He does have the "weapon" attachment point working right? Also I have a question: Do you think a zergling would be apt enough for the Lurker things? I know the original Zergling from Stacraft was perfect but do you think the WC3 version will work?

Level 12
Wrteches thats what they were called. Thanks, but I feel dumb now. They were always screaming "Wretches!!!!!!" too. Wow. Ok I feel dumb, but what do you think? The old Starcraft Zergling model was like perfect for it, but the new one doesn't work. It's got tentacles now.=( Burmaks are awesome but there is absolutely NO place for it in my game..... Except maybe an opening little fight to get players in the blood thirsting mood. If only I could make cinematics. But I can't, oh well.

Level 12
Hmm good point... I have GIMP so I could try that. But still they have no place in it because theres only one type of COG and I cant give the Locust two. Not sure why, I could lower the amount of wretch and drone spawn and keep the Gear rate normal, but meh.

Level 12
Lol the second post I ever started that went onto two pages. Thank you all.

But really Cavman, do you know the one humans in the techy robot armor? I would like to add them as NPCs and I was wondering if it wasn't too much trouble maybe you could just revise one of your Helghast and take off his gun?

Level 12
In the first cut scene when Marcus and his friend get picked up by a King Helix helocopter or whatever, one of the dudes in the cabin has the techy armor on. He asks something like "Are you THE Marcus Fenix that fought on the fields" or something like that and Marcus says yes then he says "Cool" then of coarse, Marcus says, "Not really,"

Level 5
oki doki i will get searching for a big beastie model, that he can base it on.
EDIT:Found a model,but i think it needs a change to its animations... they are noooot good. :)

Attachments

• Charr.mdx
    393 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 31
Gragh,sorry I didn't answer anyof you right away. I have some form of stomache flu or somthin anwasn't able to get on. It sucks to high hell.

@Chaos Overlord: Thats Carmine, and he just has a mask. He's you basic non-modified GEAR. Imight makehim when I feel better.

@Maximash: I probably will notbe able to do it due to my inability to create models from scratch, and the only models close enough to base it off are made Olof Moleman. And were the hell did you get the Charr model?

EDIT: Path--- units\critters\Marine\Grub.blp

Attachments

• LocustGrub.mdx
    59.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Grub.blp
    79.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 5
i got the charr model from this website, but its anims suck sooo much,wouldnt you be able to base it off that? all you need really is new anims and skin :p
EDIT:And when you say the closest to base it on are by olof moleman, are you thinking of his rancor model?

Status
Not open for further replies.