• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good ORPG map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, im new to this forum, just recently got into Warcraft III again, after playing a few custom maps i sorta got a hold of what kind of map i want. It's just that i can't find any like it.

I'm looking for an (open if possible) RPG map which is meant to be played multiplayer, but CAN be completed single player with enough grinding. And that means alot of grinding, it's like you have to compensate for the lack of players. Now i don't want any custom campaigns or anything like that, nor do i want something like Warchasers. If you have ever played True Chaos RPG or Eternal Darkness, you'll catch my drift.
Storyline really does not matter.

I can't find any maps like this, the good RPG's that i find either don't let me enter the game with just one player, or let me enter the game and play it like 50 levels, but then i see that the bosses are impossible to beat and no grinding will compensate for that.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The first one that comes to my mind is Etales ORPG. It is going to be hugely updated soon and is nearly completely singleplayer-able, except the ( two) last boss(es).

TWRPG ( not on Hive) is quite a lot played and offers a strong grinding curve, however, at around mid-game most bosses require a team/ multi-player. I would say though that it is the ORPG with the most active player base. It also offers many different classes and strategies for them, even a whole website twrpg.com.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh, one I forgot, Daemonic Sword RPG is also single player-able and enjoyable, you should check it out, too!

Level 1
Well im really stunned by the stuff you can do in World Editor, before seeing these maps i thought Dota was the shit. xD

But unfortunately these aren't my type of maps... New spells, skills, cameras, a ton of inventory slots, custom objects, skins, custom interface, it's all really really great and pleasing to the eye, but im kinda drawn back by that because it takes time to get into and at the same time it doesn't do anything for me...
If i had to give you a example of a map i think is a perfect rpg (for me), i'd take True Chaos... Only problem is that the bosses are not soloable.

If there isn't any map like i described, i will have to make my own and then share it with the world :p

Also thanks for the replies, i thought that Warcraft III and the custom map community was long dead.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The three ones I named you are all very single-player-able, except maybe TWRPG.

But you should definitely try out Daemonic Sword RPG and Etales ORPG, they are both nearly, let's say around over 95% single-player-able.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

1. TKoK (bosses may be unbeatable, try to solo kill them...)
  2. Guild of Hyppos (bosses may be unbeatable, try to solo kill them...)
  3. Diablo III Borderlands
  4. Diablo III New Tristram
  5. Diablo III Halls of Agony
  6. Diablo III Bastion's Keep
  7. Dark Times
  8. Jurassic Park Escape

* More of them...! :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

He asked for a singleplayer-able map, Gaia is rather not one, since you can hardly progress without a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.