• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GoldenCavalier.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Denu
This is MY FIRST SKIN, and since that is so, I'd greatly appreciate advice and constructive criticism, no flaming please.

Basically, this is what I like to call a Golden Cavalier. A cavalier was a medieval nobleman militia, or footwarrior, who campaigned against opposing factions through military actions and battles to resolve the conflict. This is one exact replica, except dressed more fancy and heavily.

Description of armor:
Head - Golden-Black Leather Facemask
Shoulders - Golden Alloy Shoulder Pads
Chest - Golden Alloy Plate Armor
Arms - Golden Alloy Plate Armor, Chainmail Gauntlets
Thighs - Chainmail Leggings
Feet - Chainmail-Mail Warboots

This may not be on-par compared with other skins (Which are excellent, may I add), but I think this counts as good enough to be uploaded onto this fantastic site. Rate it what you want, and I'll respect your opinion.

Keywords:
nobleman, warrior, golden, armored, armoured, knight, cavalier, human, medieval, middle ages, texture, fighter, campaigner
Contents

GoldenCavalier.blp (Texture)

Reviews
17:28, 13th Oct 2008 Hawkwing: [Rejected] Some of the stuff on this seems really unnecessary. Like the stuff on the face, belt, and book. Aside from that it still looks pretty sloppy and I can see a faint sign of that white outline. I honestly...

M

17:28, 13th Oct 2008
Hawkwing:
[Rejected]
Some of the stuff on this seems really unnecessary. Like the stuff on the face, belt, and book. Aside from that it still looks pretty sloppy and I can see a faint sign of that white outline. I honestly don't see this skin getting saved.

Level 14
I like that you did it freehand but I would suggest not using dodge/burn type tools. Also you might want to put more than an hour into a skin.

Well I think it is ugly but that is beside the point. I think it is a good fist skin. Meaning that it isn't cnp, stolen, or simple color manipulation.

For your next skin I would suggest you focus on covering the skin entirely, not use cheap dodge/burn tools, and spending more than an hour on it. Right now just focus on baby steps.

Oh and make sure you have a well thought out concept before skinning. I am not saying this skin doesn't, it is simply something alot of new skinners don't often do.

well dude.......... the pic is awfuly blurry and messy freehand is lacking and there are no shadows and highlights. may i suggest you Hawkwing's anti-noobism tutorial on better skining? it sure helped me ^^ keep working on skin because in this state............. i dare even say it O_O