• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hallo i had download Gmax for long time ago. I have
• Warcraft 3 Viewer
• Warcraft III File Format Converter
• MDX Importer/Exporter v2.0
• 'DeX Script
• LightUnwrap
I had read a tutorial how you export a unit, but then i do it, i dosent save animation and the skin path.

Can someone please help me, i want to edit some models and maybe later create some models.
Please help.. :cry:

Level 8
once the model is exported, in the listner you need to do some mdl editing, modify skin path
this
Code:
Bitmap {
		Image "",
		ReplaceableId 1,
to this
Code:
Bitmap {
		Image "(your texture filename)",

in dex script, you can create animations there, make sure to use the bones.

Level 25
Yes, that's one of Dex's shortcomings. That, and the fact it rotates the entire model by about 90 degrees as well.

Seeing as you're just doing modifications, I suggest using the Oinkertools. Look in various topics for a link to them

Level 7
To make models in gmax i recommend you follow there tutorials thats on there website.....there quite helpful....also when you want your animations to carry over to mdl you need to look at the upper right hand corner of dex script..theres a box up there that says animations/add/remove etc. choose add. then name the animations that you created for example your first ones probably stand and for the animation stand that you created in gmax pick a starting point which is usually 0 in keys and an ending point wherever you stopped animating stand. example maybe 3000. then choose add. This will place your new animation in when you export. Wc3 animation times are 960 frames per second...that means that every 960 frames equals one second of animation time. if you want an easy starter tut for gmax use this site also... http://momm.seiken.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=44

Status
Not open for further replies.