• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gilneas Worgen Militia

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I'm trying to make a full tech tree Gilneas pack, starting with Gilneas Militia.
They are normal human peasants at first, but when you press the battle call, they will turn into their worgen form rather than pick up wrecked swords and wooden shields as human militias.
Ready to tear your enemies apart Gilnean. For the Greymane!

Updated: Arm animation fixed!

Preview: Full Gilneas Troops, I'll uploaded them soon, many thanks to CSW team's cannon, tent and kul tiras force model.
Contents

Gilneas Worgen Militia (Model)

Level 1
I noticed that a few of the Worgen Models, this Militia, and the Sapper to name a few, have a Glitch during his Death Animation where his Head will Vanish Momentarily. and during certain Decay Animations parts of the Body will Load in Late. or Vanish Late, I Understand that Animation and Modelling is Difficult, though do you think you could go back some time and revise some of your models to ensure that little things like these are Eventually cleaned up? just a suggestion, also I notice that because they don't have a speech animation (Or Lip Sync) that no matter what, None of the Worgen units can Ever Talk, Except for Heroes I tested that Darius can but as for Genn i would assume it is similar to Darius, do you ever plan to Slowly. introduce very basic Lip Sync to Enable the Unit to Speak

Last edited:
I noticed that a few of the Worgen Models, this Militia, and the Sapper to name a few, have a Glitch during his Death Animation where his Head will Vanish Momentarily. and during certain Decay Animations parts of the Body will Load in Late. or Vanish Late, I Understand that Animation and Modelling is Difficult, though do you think you could go back some time and revise some of your models to ensure that little things like these are Eventually cleaned up? just a suggestion, also I notice that because they don't have a speech animation (Or Lip Sync) that no matter what, None of the Worgen units can Ever Talk, Except for Heroes I tested that Darius can but as for Genn i would assume it is similar to Darius, do you ever plan to Slowly. introduce very basic Lip Sync to Enable the Unit to Speak
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I will fix these issues when I get a decent time off, works are busier during the end of the year. As you can see with Darius model, I’ve come up an idea to make speakable portraits, but as for lips animations, I still don’t get a good solution.

Level 1
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I will fix these issues when I get a decent time off, works are busier during the end of the year. As you can see with Darius model, I’ve come up an idea to make speakable portraits, but as for lips animations, I still don’t get a good solution.
That is more than fine, Yea That is a Good Idea I was also wondering if when all is done, you would consider making a "Peasant" Version of the Worgen Militia, like he's in Worgen Form in both states, but other than that. you have done Wonderful work with these excellent models :EDIT, I removed alot of the Unneeded Text that used to be in this message, because I was too Tired to actually Read it fully, so my Sincere Apologies. I am a Fool, and as long as the portrait can speak. all is fine, the Repairs to Death/Decay type Animations can come after, but being able to hear when you select a Unit or task them is good lol

Last edited:
Level 1
were you able to have any progress on incorporating speech of sorts with the various worgen units , and potentially adding a Worgen Peasant unit as a alternative to a Human Peasant (Repairing the Death/Decay Animations could come later)