• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghost Pirate Ship

"Yo-ho-ho and a bottle o' rum!"

Was originally a commission for @Bawbz 's SpellBringers map, but unused in the end.

Credits:
@WhiteDeath - Black Corsair Skeleton model in the portrait, user has been inactive for a few years, so I cannot get permission, to use the model.
If it is a problem, I would substitute with a new portrait model.
MaZaHaKa - for apparently fixing the model by removing Replaceable ID references from eye particle emitters.

Small update:
"Spell" animation -> renamed to "Attack" animation

Small update 02:
Should work now on older versions of WC3 (Below 1.31)
Would like some feedback from ppl on this tho.

Small update 03:
Added built in portrait for the ship, for those who don't wanna use the pirate captain one.
Previews
Contents

Ghost Pirate Ship (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very nice and spooky model. Good use of textures and great application of special effects. Please make sure to link the resource you took for the portrait directly.
Level 11
It's incredible! :nw:
The only detail I dislike is the glowing masts. Apart from that, it's perfect, love it!

Level 15
Pretty cool and spooky pirate ship! Could be useful as a flying siege attack unit.
yes4.gif

Hmm... is it the Flying Dutchman? Err... nope. But hey! This reminds me of a certain good ol' point-and-click-like adventure game--Monkey Island... and if the captain's beard was black, he would remind me of the ol' LeChuck.
D1402C573A97EA2217F3E646CDEF98157BCCE57F

"Ah. There's nothin' like the hot winds of hell blowin' in your face."

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I downloaded thi used it a battleship and it crashes my map why? iswitched out the human battlehip with the ghost ship mdx and it crashes
Might be a texture pathing issue if you're using pre-1.32 patch versions.

Level 13
I downloaded thi used it a battleship and it crashes my map why?

Might be a texture pathing issue if you're using pre-1.32 patch version /mine is not that high

Level 14
Might be a texture pathing issue if you're using pre-1.32 patch versions.
Weird, as I've only used textures present in 1.26 MPQs
I'll try to convert it to an older format and test with an older version

Level 14
Hi, I imported it into my map that I use on 1.26 - sadly it causes my World Editor to crush.
Any chance you'll polish the model a little bit so that the problem goes away? :)

Also, I alert the attention of the fine model section moderators to this problem!
No idea how to fix it sadly, since there's really no obvious issues

Level 14
A very nice and spooky model. Good use of textures and great application of special effects.
Please make sure to link the resource you took for the portrait directly.
Hello, I was unable to find the creator of the model on HIVE, or the model itself.
It was a skeleton pirate by WhiteDeath (whom changed name or is now a deleted user)
I would happilly add a link, if I coult find one that is

Hello, I was unable to find the creator of the model on HIVE, or the model itself.
It was a skeleton pirate by WhiteDeath (whom changed name or is now a deleted user)
I would happilly add a link, if I coult find one that is

Hmm, literally took me less than a minute to find those. Can you view that profile?
Maybe you are right and you cannot search that user as a normal user.

Last edited:
Level 14
Hmm, literally took me less than a minute to find those. Can you view that profile?
Maybe you are right and you cannot search that user as a normal user.
Thanks, added a link to the model in the description.
I doesn't allow me to search for that user weirdly enough.

Level 14
For the developers that work on older versions of the editor and experience the crashes, I've asked my friend to help fix it. Now it shouldn't cause any issues and has been tested.
Thanks! I'll replace the resource in topic with yours, tho I would need your friend's name for credit.
And in the end what was the issue? It's very good to know for later.