• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghelp! ^^ Trigger prob here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi again ^^, i've been asking alot lately, haven't i? :D
(i'm working on something entirely new for me, that's why...)

Okay, here's the deal, i've got this here 3d person warcarft map, with two gamemodes, FFA and CTF.
i've got 3 arena's to fight in done, and the basic spawning system and such.

Also have i completed the attacking system, using selection, if a unit is selected by an enemy, the enemy unit casts an ability to attack it.

Now, i want a secondary attack aswel, i've been messing around with:

Code:
Secondary Ability
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Issued order) Equal to Attack
                (Unit-type of (Targeted unit)) Equal to Marine
    Actions
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Targeted unit)

but it doesn't work, help me please, what am i doing wrong?

Level 4
Do the units you want to attack have neutral-firebolt?
i dunno what else there is. check all your variables and everything that has to do with it to make sure you didnt type suntin in wrong or whatever.

Level 9
Here's the deal, you control only one unit, and your view is behind it, you control the unit with the arrow keys, and aim with the mouse.

When you select an enemy unit, your unit gets the order to fire an ability at the enemy, and then you automatically reselect your unit, that works.

Now, i want a second ability, on the right mouse button, so when you order a unit to manipulate the enemy marine instead of you selecting it.

That, should be the event.

The units have the neutral firebolt, it should work, but it doesn't.

Level 4
¨Did you select the unit in trigger editor that will be shooting the neutral-firebolt?

¨Does the unit "Neutral-Firebolting" have any attack damage? If not and the trigger says "issued an order to attack" then maybe it wont work because the unit cant attack.

¨Try choosing a couple different abilities and see if a new one works.

¨What do you mean by "manipulate"? "so when you order a unit to manipulate the enemy marine instead of you selecting it."

Status
Not open for further replies.