• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

getting the units position (where the unit is facing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, i have a doubt on the editor. how can i make (with Triggers) to move an unit to the left or to the right of another unit? i mean not the left or right of the position of the unit but of where the unit is facing. i wanna make a spell in which the hero is in the middle and his pets are on his side and the 3 cast on the same target.
thanks

Level 2
well i have 1 hero with 2 pets, and i want the 3 to cast drain life. but i want them to cast it in the same configurarion, the hero looking at the target and the pets on the hero side. one in the left and one in the right.

Level 29
well i have 1 hero with 2 pets, and i want the 3 to cast drain life. but i want them to cast it in the same configurarion, the hero looking at the target and the pets on the hero side. one in the left and one in the right.

that doesnt tell me much.

do u want the pets to move with the spell ? do u just want to set the pets to the left and right of the unit ?

if u want to set the to the left and right use the tempReal i posted earlier and do -90 for one pet and +90 for the other pet. they will then be on the left and right side.

Level 2
i can see how this can be hard to explain and to understand :(

i dont have problems with the pets moving i have a "wait" so they cast the spell when they get to the position. the problem is getting the position. i tried to set the position to the sides of the Hero, but if for example the target is on the side of the hero, one of the pets stays between the hero and the target. and i dont want it. i really want the pets to go to the right and left of the hero, and not of the position of the hero.

Level 2
ok let me see if this explains better the image 1 is what i have, and the images 2 are what i want.

Attachments

• drain 1.png
    drain 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
  • drain 2.png
    drain 2.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.