• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Getting skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This is my first time getting a non-basic skin. I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.
How so you get a skin in WIII TFT... you have to import it right?
And I know the program if I have to... And is importing it all I have to do? And finnal once it is imported how do I access it?

Sorry for sounding like a noob.

Level 21
No problem, I was a newb once too when I skinned.
To skin, you need a texture from the warcraft 3 mpq.
Open the war3.mpq or war3x.mpq using Wc3 Viewer or Image Extractor II.
Then browse the category, extract the .blp and convert it to a supported image format so you can skin.
Remember you need a image program to skin such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro 8, they are free for trial and recommended.
Then skin, save as 32bits to convert to .blp and if you can't use Wc3 Viewer to add a opaque alpha channel.
Import in WE, add the correct path (check the path in Image Extractor II) and close, re-open your map.

Level 1
Sopho said:
No problem, I was a newb once too when I skinned.
To skin, you need a texture from the warcraft 3 mpq.
Open the war3.mpq or war3x.mpq using Wc3 Viewer or Image Extractor II.
Then browse the category, extract the .blp and convert it to a supported image format so you can skin.
Remember you need a image program to skin such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro 8, they are free for trial and recommended.
Then skin, save as 32bits to convert to .blp and if you can't use Wc3 Viewer to add a opaque alpha channel.
Import in WE, add the correct path (check the path in Image Extractor II) and close, re-open your map.

I can get the programs in the program section here. And I import them then how can I use them? And where do I get where the path... Is it listed like the icons? And if not I know how to then. It is really herd I have it in the veiwer... what do I do now? Does this work for model also?

Level 21
You don't " use " skins.
Skins are like texture overwrites for Blizzards' models or textures for other models people have done.
Example: You want a person in red clothes (your request basically) you bought some red clothes for him to wear (the skin) but the person is not wearing it yet. Tell him to put it on and make its the right size (input the path in Import Manager and make sure that skin is for that model). Hes got it on (the skin is previewed correctly on Warcraft III)
Understand? Skins are basically images/textures for models, you can't have a skin alone.

FINAL SUMMARY

The Skin (the red clothes) which is designed for the person is no use if no one is going to wear it (no model just skin thats not right)
Either Way, most models requires textures (example the clothes are the textures and if the person wasn't wearing any (no textures) then he would be naked and NOT nice... ROFL!) ok? Think about it :)

ADVANCED

A model is rubbish/cr*p if it has no textures, textures give a detail to the model (example would you go out with a person wearing a nike trainers and name brand clothes rather then a naked person)

Status
Not open for further replies.