• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Getting rid of model/skin features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When skinning a tauren, how do you get rid of that totem pole thingy and replace it with a different thing, like a head? So, he would be holding a head instead of a totem pole?

Or an axe, etc. instead of totem pole.

Cuz, when I replace the totem pole, the pole just gets reskinned with whatever I put there.

Level 2
i mean if you do *something*, then all that is there is the skin for the totem, not the shape of the totem or anything. The black/color is invisible and all that is there is the image that is added.

Totem

becomes

Axe skinning invisible totem.

Level 2
hey i never asked for a model!!! I asked for help for skins, and since this is the skin section, I posted it here. And, I only registered today because I started skinning two days ago. I would've registered sometime when there were only 48 models in the models archive if I needed to...

btw, so where should I post help with skins? cuz i don't understand.

Level 16
Well, this is the place for skin help.
The part of the totem that you painted the skull on will still be flat, and thats why it's just an picture of the skull where the totem was before.
You can't skin an totem into an skull, you must do an model for that, there is an request forum if you want someone to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.