• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Geomancer's Earthbind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Seas =)

Hmm take spells from dota and put it in the own map ... I don't know if I like it or not. I don't play dota since 1 year now but maybe I can help you.

( The following 3 triggers (I bet) are not leakless/mui. There will be better ways to get earthbind but this works and is a good start:

• Earthbind
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Geomancer 1
    • Actions
      • Set Earhbind_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Earthbind_Temp = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Earthbind_Temp2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Earthbind_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Earthbind_Region = (Region centered at Earthbind_Temp2 with size (25.00, 25.00))
      • Unit - Create 1 Geo Dummy for (Owner of Earhbind_Caster) at Earthbind_Temp facing Earthbind_Temp
      • Set Earthbind_Created = (Last created unit)
      • Trigger - Add to Earthbind 2 <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 250.00 of Earthbind_Created)
      • Trigger - Add to Earhtbind 3 <gen> the event (Unit - A unit enters Earthbind_Region)
      • Unit - Order Earthbind_Created to Move To Earthbind_Temp2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Earthbind_Temp)
  • Earthbind 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
          • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Earhbind_Caster)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Geo Dummy 2 for (Owner of Earthbind_Created) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Set level of Ensnare3000 for (Last created unit) to Earthbind_Level
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Earhtbind 3
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Geo Dummy
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Earthbind_Temp2)
For this spell you need to do the following things:
1) The Spell "Earthbind" is shockwave. Change everything of Shockwave to a dummy ability (the casting range of this dummy ability is the range from the casting hero and the "net-fly-way")

2) You need to change the orc ability "ensnare". This ability is used to ensnare the enemies.

3) Create 2 dummies. First for the flying net. The second is created to ensnare the ranged enemies.

Level 6
can't you just save a, say, 400 AOE around the point where you casted the spell, then pick every unit in the AOE, then create a caster unit near each one of them and order it to cast the spell?

Edit : Here ya go, this worked good for me, and it looks better than meepo's earthbind since it looks like the caster is throwing a bunch of nets at the same time. Now, ofcourse this leaks - to make it leakless you just delete the Loc and Group variables at the end of the trigger with custom scripts and we'll live happily ever after.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mass esnare
  • Actions
    • Set Loc[1] = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Set Group = (Units within 400.00 of Loc[1])
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Loc[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
        • Unit - Create 1 Esnarer for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Loc[1] facing Default building facing degrees
        • Set Loc[2] = (Position of (Casting unit))
        • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to Loc[2]
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
The base spell i used was Devour Magic (the first one that came to mind, you can use practically any AOE spell, like Flame Strike, Silence...), for a casting unit i used a wisp, hence the idle workers. Make sure that the esnare ability you give to your caster units has a bigger range than the original spell to make sure that the esnares will be cast.
And one more thing, the esnare spell has a tech tree requirement, dont forget to delete it or your casters wont cast the spell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.