• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
:oops: Um.. i've just logged in so I thought i might as well ask a few questions about things that I need fo my new RPG.
1.I hve been map making for a long time now and i am having trouble getting units to move in cinematics. can someone out there pleeease help me with a few different triggers to try.
2.is there any way to get cityscape walls (ie. when you raise terrain it becomes tiles) in lorderon summer?
3.can someone peeeeease tell me how ppl get that water that looks kind of like a puddle on the ground? that is if you know what i am talking about.
4. how do you get units to hold weapons when they pick up items like in Vquest.
any help on any question would be much appeciated.
=phew=

Level 5
question one: you use regions just make a region were you want the unit to go and order unit to move there(in the triggers)

Question two: Yes dalaran tileset has that, go to the advanced catagory and choose advanced tile set, and change it to Dalaran or Dalaran Ruins

Question three: uhh, in the tile deal you choose shallow water and create a ramp also in the tile part if that is what you ment??

Question 4: very easy just use special triggers, ok download one of the weapon attachments on this site, and go into triggers:

Events:
Unit aquires an item

Conditions:
item equal to(item you want to creat special trigger)
Unit has item equal to (same item) equal to false

Actions:
Special effect creat (attachment Model) to trigering unit at ( Overhead, chest, hand_left, hand_right(use this))

use hand_right for weapons, chest for wings

Level 3
:lol: Thank's for the answer in question no 4 but i have tried the region strategy for question no 1 and it doesn't work for some crazy reason!
:roll: By question three i kind of morement when the water sits kind of flat on the ground like a rain puddle on the ground? if that makes any scence what so ever?! :(

And just one extra question... if yu can handle my stupidity for just one moment... I have downloaded a few unit models and when I put them into my map is says "couldnot find file (unit im trying to insert) .mdl!
is there a way to fix this or does no-one submit(.mdl-s?

Thanks anyway :D

Level 5
ok i will make this as simple as i can:

dont know the puddle deal ask someone else

the model thing is simple:
when you download a model you should have a model and some skins. go to the page were you found the model you want, and down a little below(before the comments) you should see a thng that says Textures:
under that is a list of the textures that came with the file besides the mdx file, the ones in green is what you change the path to, you import them to WE and rename the paths.

EXAMPLE:

Model: Sephiroth
Files: Sephiroth.mdx
Sephiroth.blp
FX.blp

on the model page it will have:
Textures: sephiroth.bp
Fx.blp
(THESE ARE WHAT YOU CHANGE THE PATHS TOO)

ok load those files into WE, when your on the IMPORT MANAGER you should see somthing like this:

Sephiorth.mdx war3Imported\sephiroth.mdx
Sephiroth.blp war3Imported\sephiroth.blp
FX.blp war3Imported\FX.blp

ok double click on Sephiroth.BLP and choose CUSTOM PATH(check the box) and change it to what the texture file says AKA: sephiroth.blp

Do the same thing with FX.BLP then go to object editor and change the model thing to SEPHIROTH.MDL
place the unit on the map, save it, close WE and reopen it, then load ur map and it should work hope this helps

Level 3
For the puddle-thingy, do that:

create an area of water (not deep water)
then just raise the land everywhere (with the hill-thingy under the tiles)
where you want to have the puddle, u just lower terrain so whater shows up again.
Is that what you meant?
(sorry, but I canÄt explain that so good, i hope it helps)

MfG JunJee

Status
Not open for further replies.