• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gameplay view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Perhaps a simple question :vw_wtf:

The gameplay view of me game is very close to the terrain, so i want to change that view and zoom it out so player also got a bigger overview of the map. Every time I pass mountains, the camera will automaticly zoom out big time. Kinda innoying while playing.

I checked everywhere, but cant find a thing where you can change the base gameplay view of the camera. Someone knows??

Thanks in advance..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I checked everywhere, but cant find a thing where you can change the base gameplay view of the camera. Someone knows??
Go to the Data editor and choose the Cameras catalog under the advanced menu secion. The camera entry used is specified by the Terrain Type (Terrain Types catalog) your map is using.

You are given a huge number of field to customize that can do anything from the rotation of your camera to zoom granularity.

Level 3
Is this what you mean, Dr Super Good??

camerascreenshot.png

Level 3
Aaaahhh found it!!!!! Thank you so much !!!

Got one extra lil question. A thing that innoys me.. When de map is laoding there is randomly popping up text with game tips.. Is there any way to delete that.. ?? Can't found anything at Map Loading Screen option..

Level 4
Now you mention this, I also need to figure that out. I think its something at the Data -> Game UI Data. Thats what I can find with googling. But it seems that alot of people are asking this question and I can't find one descent answer. I hope it's even possible. Those text tips are never relevant information for Arcade games and they are fcking up my loading screen text.

Edit: 'This will show up in a box at the bottom of the screen, above the loading bar. It's useful for brief tips.

If you want to remove this box, just set the '''Help''' section's text as a single space.'

This is what I found online at an other forum. And it works for me!.. You should try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.