• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gameplay constants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey, i am new to map modding, but i've done programming before, including Flash A.S., Java, JavaScript, CSS/HTML, PHP, and some others. I love the editor, but i was just wondering, a lot of things i see require you to change the gameplay constants, and all the faq's or guides i see say you go to Advanced>Gameplay Constants. I go to advanced but gameplay constants isn't there? I'm using the RoC editor, is it only in the TFT editor or something? Please help.

Nate
Wyggles
USWest Realm

Level 1
I figured it out, I installed TFT last night. So now I have a question, since they both use the same WE now, when i make maps in that can i save them as w3x AND w3m? Or do i have to use a converter or something, or can i just not make w3m(RoC) maps? I've had TFT but i just liked playing RoC for...well I don't really know why, my friends play it and that's what I have maps for and gotten used to. I don't really feel like switching everything up. Speaking of..what are the main differences between TFT and RoC?

Level 1
OK sweet thanks guys. You have been a real help. I think i'm gonna start using TFT now, but it may be hard for me to actually switch over to playing TFT...i dunno, i don't have all my old maps and stuff, and i'm scared of change :p. You'll definitely see me around here more, posting with more questions, ideas, and maps. :).

Status
Not open for further replies.