• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Game Crashes when starting melee AI for race Undead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Greetings Hivers, i am new to this forum, and i am currently working on a map in my free time.. i'm not very good at triggers, so some help would be appreciated. :)
My problem is as the title states, to give more details on the occurrence of the crashing i post a quick example of the trigger.
Event - Map initialization
Actions -
Melee Game - Create Undead starting units for Player 6 (Orange) at (Player 6 (Orange) start location) (Exclude Heroes)
AI - Start melee AI script for Player 6 (Orange): undead.ai
and the game crashes after a minute or two with an error popping up.

Level 7
The Ai used is the default blizzard AI for each race, although the same actions work with no problem for all other 3 races(orc,human,elf) for the undead race the game just crashes as soon as it starts... i can't figure a solution, so any kind of information will be usefull. thanks in advance.

Level 7
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
      • Melee Game - Create Orc starting units for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Player 5 (Yellow) start location) (Exclude Heroes)
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 5 (Yellow): orc.ai
      • Melee Game - Create Human starting units for Player 9 (Gray) at (Player 9 (Gray) start location) (Exclude Heroes)
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 9 (Gray): human.ai
      • Melee Game - Create Night Elf starting units for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Player 10 (Light Blue) start location) (Exclude Heroes)
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 10 (Light Blue): elf.ai
      • Melee Game - Create Undead starting units for Player 6 (Orange) at (Player 6 (Orange) start location) (Exclude Heroes)
      • AI - Start melee AI script for Player 6 (Orange): undead.ai
  • The "fixed player settings" is enabled in the force property aswell and all races are set to expected race.

Level 7
The error is bla bla bla "the memory could not be "read". My observations so far are that the game crashes the moment computer undead orders an acolyte to build his first structure, thus deleting the line "Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)" makes him gather some in order to start buidling which eventually leads to a crash, and if the line is not deleted game crashes instant because the normal blizzard Ai is scripted to start building(using the starting resources) as soon as the game starts.
The only other triggers in the map are Dota-like creeps spawned for other computer players, which don't use any AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.