• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Futurama Bender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What kind of map are you making that you would need Bender for? And you might like to specify the spells he needs animations for, such as breathing fire, drinking a beer etc.

Be as helpful to the people as you want them to be to you.

Level 6
What kind of map are you making that you would need Bender for? And you might like to specify the spells he needs animations for, such as breathing fire, drinking a beer etc.

Be as helpful to the people as you want them to be to you.

Oops. My bad.

Well, I'm making a kind of freakish DotA-like map, and I would like to make him do the following spells:

Beer Throwing - Throws a beer pint.
Fire breath - Makes a cone of fire in front of him, as well he burps.
Bite my Shiny Arse - Moons his ass and silences a unit or hero.
Destroy all Humans! - Gets bigger than normal like in the Mountain King's Avatar.

Well, the rest, make him punch when attacking and die burning. Oh, and when decaying, make him decay as a hero, I mean the flying soul effect thing.

Level 45
k, i modelled and skinned him, all i have to do know is rig, anim and export(garararr i hate exporting and setting it up)

um i added green to make him look abit more reflective rather than dull.

and its a bitch trying to make a cell shaded character a skin..so i tried to make it look more detailed... rather than no shade or watever
EDIT: added wireframe view, and he has well alot of polies =_= 426 for just a bunch of cyliders.
NOTE: these are renders with only a skylight in max, so it will have like..shade..as in ..like from the game engine or..watever.

EDIT2:i will retouch the skin up abit

Oops. My bad.

Well, I'm making a kind of freakish DotA-like map, and I would like to make him do the following spells:

Beer Throwing - Throws a beer pint.
Fire breath - Makes a cone of fire in front of him, as well he burps.
Bite my Shiny Arse - Moons his ass and silences a unit or hero.
Destroy all Humans! - Gets bigger than normal like in the Mountain King's Avatar.

Well, the rest, make him punch when attacking and die burning. Oh, and when decaying, make him decay as a hero, I mean the flying soul effect thing.

is it possible that spell - 1,spell - 2 ect and such can be used chriz?
and that destroy all humans bit, just use a trigger.

and that beer bit, ill just make him a throw spell anim, i wont give him a beer, just use the brewmaster projectile from one of the the brewmasters spells.

also.. there is no such thing as a dota type map :/

Attachments

• bender5.jpg
    bender5.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 442
  • benderwireframe.jpg
    benderwireframe.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Level 45
um sorry for depost, but hes done, the bastard took me over 10hrs ...grarrrrarrar...no sleep..=_=, there is a slight prob (thats pissing me off) is hes fast attack anim and some glitchs with hes death ingame.

Once i get those fixed then i might upload the model to the database.

Path is:
Bender.blp

Attachments

• dumdumDUM.jpg
    dumdumDUM.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 280
  • BenderbyWerewulf.zip
    114.5 KB · Views: 62

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Spell 3 is the best. Pretty funny.

I would critique your animations for you, but this is not really the place for it.

If you want them, post this in the model and animation section and I'd be glad to give some advice. Only if you want it, of course.

EDIT - Oh, and of course you can use "Spell 1" "Spell 2" tags. But if I were you I would change the beer throw to "Spell Throw." It will work easier in game like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
pesonally i like it Werewulf.Not surprising seeing as i like futurama and can't get enought of bender.

Well your work usally is nice so gj is all I got to say.

Level 36
Been waiting for a Bender model for a long time, as there are plenty in other games (Especially Unreal Tournament 2K4). If I recall correctly I made a request for Futurama sins/models here a long, long, long time ago. I might resurrect my Futurama TD idea now that there's a willingness to create some of the resources needed :p

Level 45
im not pleased with it, if you want i can give you the milkshape file to show that the anims are alot smoother.(i gave him a slapish like attack anim, i didnt like it..horrible..kinda made him look gay and i suck at trying to anchor something.....so i deleted its title/header data via magos.)

and chriz, id rather not show this model there, but you can post your crit here or in pm since i think this thread is done unless someone makes another one or such..dunno, up to you, but its not like im avoiding crit so people wont see it, i just dont wanna show off this model in a more public..er..area type place.

Status
Not open for further replies.