• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fun old fantasy game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I found an old paper containing a list of units from a game i used too play, brings me back. I created it as an offspring of Warhammer and Warlords.

Yah it was a bit nerdy of me but i was very creative and had too somehow create a new world that could be played, always wanted too make a computer game but instead i made this.
Anyway that list contains the Race Gnomes which wasn´t the cheerful little weird folk, well they were little weird folk but kinda evil.

Its heavily fantasy based so bear with me, ahem The Gnomes built there clockwork kingdom on top of the shell of a giant turtle. There they crafted there army and concocted powerful potions which then the Pirate fleet would sell at the black market. However due too the Gnomes near extinction they took upon too kidnap human, elf, dark elf or dwarfen children. They brainwashed them and taught them there trade.

Gnomes were incapable of being subtle or stealthy, they took upon too send there Airships too a village and from there, either threaten too destroy the village if the villagers do not hand over the children or send down the pirates too take them without any warning at all.

On a rarer occasion, the Gnomes would send there master peace the Homunculus, created from the bones of ''unruly, uncontrollable, rebellious children'' there hearts replaced with the philosopher stone which would give life too any inanimate object and the skin replaced with clay.
Using various alchemical properties the Homunculus was the Gnomes answer too stealth. With the right chemical properties they could copy another persons appearance or morph into different creatures, or simply go invisible.

If threatened by the other races the Gnomes would sent out there army of Automatons.
*This is the end of the Gnome description then comes the units listing*
Units.
-Automaton - capabilities. can be equipped with various weapons (Crossbow,War hammer,Long Sword & Shield) or mounted on a mechanical horse. Can be merged with a philosopher stone making it nearly indestructible as it can repair itself and others.

-Buzzbot Swarm - tiny mechanical fly´s, usually contained within a Clockwork Golem. capabilities has needles which can contain chemical properties but regular property is oil that can be used too blind opponents or temporarily increase the speed of a mechanical.

-Tinkerer - A gnomish tinkerer serving in the pirate fleet - capabilities. Can repair mechanical s has a chance too revive mechanical s.

-Gnome Pirate - capabilities. very weak can be equipped with various weapons along with pirate weapon only Fire bombs.

-Steel Bird. An operated mechanical flying bird - capabilities. drops fire bombs but due too being unable too hold still it tends too miss.

-Clockwork Golem - capabilities. Very durable but slow. Can be merged with a philosopher stone making it nearly indestructible as it can repair itself.

-Homunculus - capabilities. Depends on the chemical property *can be super strong, can morph or go invisible*. Can be equipped with a variety of non range or heavy weapon unless super strong.

-Airship - capabilities. can bombard an area or transport units

Anyone playing the Gnomes would only have one character class and that would be a Master Tinkerer, and as such you could built your own type of mechanical since Gnomes didn´t have much variety of units.

This game was played on a chess board containing a peace of paper as the units. Statistics health and info was written on a paper. Me and my uncle used too play this, it was fun but he got tired of it since i used too always win, seeing as i made the rules haha. Anyway this was years back and i can never forgive myself from being so geeky but i was only 11 years old.

Other races included Demons,Vampires,Human,Fey,Orcs,Goblins,Elf and Dark Elf.
Gnomes were inspired by the city of lost children movie.Goblins inspired by Labyrinth the one that David bowie played in, except the goblin king is an insane elf.Since my aim was too make the entire game more of a faerie tail like which i think i managed too do.

My favorite Race was the Vampires, i loved casting the Zombie plague on my Uncle´s village forcing him too lose a lot of villagers and defend against hordes of zombies which was frustrating since it crippled his income but that spell stopped working once he started taking the path of the Church instead of technology and he was massing a crusade but then he had too leave. I think i would have lost that one :hohum:.
The End.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
There a lot too do and a lot of info, too much work will always result in failure also how do you plan on doing this *campaign,altered meele?*

You can think about in the mean time if you want too i´ll recreate all the info i can remember which is a lot since i have great memory and sent it too you *Units,spells etc* and if you have an idea on how too do this then if its interesting enough i might as well partner up with you but you´ll be the head of the project since i´ll be really busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.