• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frost Troll Venomaxe.blp

I am making a series of Chaos Trolls and Frost Trolls. If you have suggestions to more trolls within the theme (or want to see more), have a look in this thread.

This is the Venomaxe. Feedback highly appreciated!

You may modify this resource in any way you see fit. I appreciate link-backs, though.

FrostTrollVenomaxePreviewShot1.png

FrostTrollVenomaxePreviewShot2.png

FrostTrollVenomaxePreviewShot3.png

FrostTrollVenomaxePreviewShot4.png

FrostTrollVenomaxePreviewShot5.png

FULL LIST OF PATHS:

This can replace any of the basic trolls, not just the Dark Troll, here are the paths:
units\Creeps\DarkTroll\DarkTroll.blp
units\Creeps\DarkTrollTrapper\DarkTrollTrapper.blp
units\Creeps\ForestTroll\ForestTroll.blp
units\Creeps\ForestTrollTrapper\ForestTrollTrapper.blp
units\Creeps\IceTroll\IceTroll.blp

Keywords:
troll, frost, venom, axe, venomaxe, blue, shiiK
Contents

Frost Troll Venomaxe (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
14:00, 13th Aug 2010 Kimberly: Amazing! I saw this skin the other day, but I was unwell/too sedated to give a proper review. Simply gorgeous! I love the details, the decals and the tones/colours used. Although it may seem alittle ambiguous...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

14:00, 13th Aug 2010
Kimberly: Amazing! I saw this skin the other day, but I was unwell/too sedated to give a proper review.
Simply gorgeous! I love the details, the decals and the tones/colours used. Although it may seem alittle ambiguous ingame/from afar, but I understand trolls are rather hard to skin as they are prioritized on being distinguished from base colours ingame. You have done a lovely job on this skin/texture, it performs well ingame and looks great! I have no problems or issues with it :)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Haha, I didn't realize it could be interpreted as that when I made it, but now that you mention it, they do! The idea was that it's put together by poisonous fangs though.

Level 48
Great skin! I absolutely love it. I like the team-colored areas especially. The skin overall is very creative and detailed, with all the tattoos, the creative team color and the awesome axes. However one thing that I'd like to point out is that ice trolls in Warcraft 3 are usually more teal-ish blue than dark blue. If you could make his skin a tad brighter it would be very appreciated, as it's more correct to the current coloring of trolls in Warcraft and would look better if you had this skin in conjunction with other Warcraft 3 ice trolls together in one map.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Thanks guys! If I had the time I'd love to join you in the contest, Forgotten_Warlord, but unfortunately, August is one of the busiest months for me this year, and I'm generally quite busy.

The idea is to make more-or-less my own race of trolls, so it's not really meant to go with the Ice Trolls already in the game, but I'll think about it!

Level 5
Hey shiik, you probably don't remember that I requested a troll of the same type, only a necromancer. Necromancer, not voodoo-mancer. Since you said you'd make it, but you didn't, I guess you lost interest :D ?

But whatever, this one is very close to the one I imagined and requested. Only it's a warrior. Now, if you could make a skin for the priest of the same style, only with a necromantic concept, well, it would be awesome :3

At least, you should skin the priest so that it fits with this guy. The original ice troll priest skin kinda stands out right now.

Great work, I'm totally gonna use it in my project. 5/5 +rep

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Thanks folks, I'll see about the axes, but I personally like the current ones.

Hey shiik, you probably don't remember that I requested a troll of the same type, only a necromancer. Necromancer, not voodoo-mancer. Since you said you'd make it, but you didn't, I guess you lost interest :D ?

But whatever, this one is very close to the one I imagined and requested. Only it's a warrior. Now, if you could make a skin for the priest of the same style, only with a necromantic concept, well, it would be awesome :3

At least, you should skin the priest so that it fits with this guy. The original ice troll priest skin kinda stands out right now.

Great work, I'm totally gonna use it in my project. 5/5 +rep

If you read the description, you'd realize I linked a thread with a collection of trolls, in there you'll notice the Necromancer is indeed coming. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.