• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] For The Fallen I Must Put Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
For The Fallen I Must Put Down

Map Synopsis: A one to five player Warcraft III map in which you must take control of a type of hero and survive multiple waves of enemies. Coordinating strategies and knowing what type of gameplay suits your hero best is key here. Various other elements exist on this map, including but not limited to; RPG styled quests, mini-games, various systems, etc.

Gameplay Type: A blend of Survival, Tower Defense and RPG.

Currently Working On: The Bare Bones

Map Completion Level:

Terrain: 80% / (Upper portion of map mostly complete, more than half of lower portion of map complete)

Units: 10% / (One hero is halfway complete just to use for testing along with one wave unit, player resource buildings such as lockers, a fountain, practice targets and item shops [no items yet] complete)

Spells: 0% / (Currently not working on)

Systems: 15% / (Camera system implemented, weather system implemented, leaderboard added, various other systems being worked on)

Game Functions: 35% / (Spawn / movement regions all created and placed, first wave created, triggers ready to be copied for future waves)

Items: 0% / (Currently not working on)

Screenshots:

(Early Terrain Screenshot, WIP)
2PjzK2N.jpg

Hero Classes:

Archer, Flamethrower, Sniper, Assault Rifle, Engineer, Medic
(Possibly more in later versions)

Amount of Waves in upcoming beta version: 10 (will continue to add more waves with every new version)

Any suggestions you have for the map would be lovely. I don't want to divulge too much information about the map currently bar that one screenshot but I will say that I'm having a lot of fun making it.

Last edited:
Level 14
Looks interesting.
Personally, I'd make the heroes get some more power when there are less players. - or at least give them healing abilities in single player.

I don't know if you already planned through your heroes, do you even need some thoughts about their speciality and stuff like that?

I haven't planned out the heroes yet other than what they're called and what style of attacking they'll use (for example, archer = slow attack speed, medium-high damage. flamethrower = super fast attack speed, super low damage, etc) I haven't figured out any good skills / ideas for skills for any of the heroes yet so any thoughts about specialities / skill systems / etc would be great since I haven't started on spells yet.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I see.
I'd make the flame throwers as tank heroes with short range or a close quarters unit with less health but able to burn whole groups easily.
The sniper should obviously be a long ranged unit with high damage and slow attack. Also, an ability that allows him to retreat quickly (like Blink) would be useful.
The engineer could be like the summoner of the group, using turrets and explosives.
Assault Riffle could be a tank with stunning abilities, to disable groups for the flamethrower to attack.

Last edited:
Level 14
I see.
I'd make the flame throwers as tank heroes with short range or a close quarters unit with less health but able to burn whole groups easily.
The sniper should obviously be a long ranged unit with high damage and slow attack. Also, an ability that allows him to retreat quickly (like Blink) would be useful.
The engineer could be like the summoner of the group, using turrets and explosives.
Assault Riffle could be a tank with stunning abilities, to disable groups for the flamethrower to attack.

The two bold things in the quote are the ideas that I like the most. The Flamethrower would be great as a tank, I was originally going to make him have low health but having him as a tank that roasts close units would be a better idea overall. Also the sniper idea fits in well, I could import a jump spell, that would be a lot of fun, a nimble acrobatic sniper. Thanks for these!

As for the other ideas, some of them I kinda like but I have different ideas for. The Engineer isn't going to be a summoner, he's actually going to be primarily a builder. Barely any attacking stats (armed with just a pistol) his purpose is to literally build towers and similar structures and that's it. The assault rifle I'm more than likely going to have as a damage dealer rather than a tank. That's the Flamethrower's job.

Seems interesting, I'll take this one to my list of subscribes.

Thank you for the subscription! More information is definitely gonna be coming soon!

Sounds very interesting.Good luck!
Subscribing as well

Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.