• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying unit stays on the ground in the editor but is off the ground in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm having an issue with a unit. I made a door doodad into a unit and changed it's pivot point to one side so I can turn it with triggers to open it. It works pretty well, but for some reason when I set the flying height to 0 it sits on the ground in the editor but is raised off the ground slightly in game.

I don't want to make its movement "foot" because I run into issues with pathing blockers. I have actually had this issue with a few different models that I wanted to make move with triggers. Is there a way to make sure it sits on the ground all the time no matter what?

Thanks

Also the Art- Elevation- Sample Points and Sample Radius are both set to 0 and 0.00 respectively

Attachments

• On Ground.png
    On Ground.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
  • Off Ground.png
    Off Ground.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
Level 14
I feel like I have tried that and it wouldn't allow me to move it when there were pathing blockers near it. I will try it though and report back.

Level 13
Alternatively, have you tried using a destructible with changing pathing? You could make it like a gate since it's a door, and give a different pathing model depending on if it's open (alive) or closed (dead).

Level 14
The problem with those two options is that I have to trigger it's movement to get it to swing open. I periodically change it's facing angle to open it up and then remove the pathing blockers. I can't change it's facing angle if it's movement is set to NONE. And I can't make a destructible move. If all else fails I will set the movement type to NONE and just use a trigger that moves it instantly facing an angle and just move it to the same spot but change the facing angle.

UPDATE: Setting the movement to Foot and the collision size to 0 seems to work just fine. I thought I had tried that already, but I must not have. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.