• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Float text timer Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
so basically what im trying to do is make a Float text timer for when a unit stands on to the circle of power a float text appears on the building from 10 to 0 and when it hits 0 it changes ownership.
I've tried to do it myself but i end up with nothing similar to what i describe help plz!!

Level 13
so basically what im trying to do is make a Float text timer for when a unit stands on to the circle of power a float text appears on the building from 10 to 0 and when it hits 0 it changes ownership.
I've tried to do it myself but i end up with nothing similar to what i describe help plz!!

Can you show me the trigger?

Level 12
Can u tell me how i can post my Triggers here =( im new and if anothor unit steps in to the circle it should set the timer and change ownership to that unit

right click on the title of your trigger, then choose copy as text.

210329-albums5809-picture61919.jpg

then paste it here using [Trigger]paste it here[/Trigger]

Level 5
  • Default Blue
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Default Blue <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Entering unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 1 above Hearth Stone (southwest facing) 0003 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Integer A) Equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                  • Wait 1.00 seconds
                  • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
                  • Wait 3.00 seconds
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Integer A) Equal to 2
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 2 above Hearth Stone (southwest facing) 0003 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                      • Wait 1.00 seconds
                      • Wait 3.00 seconds
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Integer A) Equal to 3
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 3 above Hearth Stone (southwest facing) 0003 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                          • Wait 1.00 seconds
                          • Wait 3.00 seconds
                        • Else - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Integer A) Equal to 4
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 4 above Hearth Stone (southwest facing) 0003 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                              • Wait 1.00 seconds
                              • Wait 3.00 seconds
                            • Else - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                  • (Integer A) Equal to 5
                                • Then - Actions
                                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 5 above Hearth Stone (southwest facing) 0003 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                                  • Wait 1.00 seconds
                                  • Unit - Change ownership of Hearth Stone (southwest facing) 0003 <gen> to (Owner of (Entering unit)) and Change color
                                  • Animation - Play Hearth Stone (southeast facing) 0000 <gen>'s Stand Alternate animation
                                • Else - Actions
                                  • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
For some reason it shows the 0, then 0 1 then 0 2 ,0 3 an etc its werid caz it shows the 0 first before the number i try to hide it but zero still shows.

Level 12
ugh, that's a really bad things to do...
and hide your triggers with [Hidden=AnyTitle][Trigger][/Trigger][/Hidden]

I will come up with a test map soon. (I hope i can do it)

EDIT : it's easier than i thought it would be, here you are.

Attachments

• Building Owning.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Level 12
uh about the one u did when the player enters the circle nothing happens? instead its timed? thats not what i want. i want something like u enter the circle and a timer pops up then change control. thanks anyways

umm, did you properly tested the map ?

I'm sure that it will goes from 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5 until 10 and then it will changes owner. at least that is what your trigger described.

if it really doesn't, then i'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.