• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flametrooper/FlameFootman

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well here is one model made for the Human Race:

"The Flametrooper"
Unit Description:
"He's hated by Night elves and loved by Fire-Fanatics.
Wearing Heavy Fire-Resistent Armor and wielding a Flamethrower makes him an enemy to be feared."

Well fun aside: As you can see he's using the footman-model, but different animations.
Most of these animations are slighty different of the original footman.
Only two of these animation were handmade by me.
Also his helmet is both in the Model itself and in the Portrait different from each other. (You know what i mean if you take a closer look at both)

All material used is owned by blizzard entertainment.

-----Update 03. Jan. 2017-----
-fixed the issue with his legs/feet clipping through his skirt/cape/kilt
-added a tank to his back. (so now it makes sense where the energy is taken from. Maybe stored mana.....)

Give credits, if you find him useful and DON'T distribute him.
Contents

Flametrooper/FlameFootman (Model)

Flametrooper/FlameFootman_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
It works well in-game and could be useful. As said here, the idea is good, but the execution leaves a bit to desire. A few issues that could be improved: There's a too close resemblance to the footman, and the added elements don't fit so well...
Level 25
It's a cool concept, but I'd consider removing or properly remake the cape, as right now it clips through his legs when he walks.
And it being gray looks like it's somekind of metalic cape..

Level 30
A thing that could help the model distinguish more from the footmen would be some tanks on his back, I like the idea tho!

@infrenus that's right where do all those gases go? Awesome concept btw.

I thought about that, but i have a feeling that it would more than likely clip through his body.
(Maybe the weapon uses some type of energy source, that is unkown to us :ogre_hurrhurr:.)

Anims are cool. But the mesh would be better to make more high quality. Looking you previous models I'm sure, that you can easy improve it.

Ok. Give me hints where i can improve him more (for example like armor).

nice models, the mask little bit freaks me out.

It was my intention to freak people out with the mask/helmet mix. I mean you wouldn't be fearing him, if you would see his face.
People are fearing what is unknown to them. Even if it's just the face........

Level 30
It's a cool concept, but I'd consider removing or properly remake the cape, as right now it clips through his legs when he walks.
And it being gray looks like it's somekind of metalic cape..

I am bad in animating walk-animations. So it could take a while before i can update it.

Maybe it's just he just likes the color gray......

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Warcraft Stormtroopers?
Anyways, having a cape is dangerous when wielding a flame thrower (and against others with the same weapon).
The face/eyes of the portrait look plastic, I mean it's just a blurry texture.
3/5.

Level 19
I thought about that, but i have a feeling that it would more than likely clip through his body.
(Maybe the weapon uses some type of energy source, that is unkown to us :ogre_hurrhurr:.)

Well, to make one you just add something to his back, or maybe to the gun itself, like something out of warhammer 40k, where they have the promethiun cannisters directly under the gun. Theres a tiny fire elemental into the gun.

Level 30
Well, to make one you just add something to his back, or maybe to the gun itself, like something out of warhammer 40k, where they have the promethiun cannisters directly under the gun. Theres a tiny fire elemental into the gun.

Okay. I admit i just work on him and added the Tank to his back. I also fixed the issue with his Cape/Skirt (reanimated the Walk-animation)
I couldn't fix the issue with his legs clipping through his armor. Sorry.

I update it in a moment.

I like the concept, but the execution could be a bit better.

"Nobody is perfect....."

Level 10
A cape that moves a lot more could be better (like the shaman's), and making it team colored (or not, or a little), but did that cape came out of his armor?
like he wore the cape first then armor.
The tank was nice though, a hose that connects to the flamethrower perhaps? don't know how it would look though.
Face is creepy, kinda like a ghost is in there.

you can ignore all those :p

Well done on creating a nice model.

Level 30
A cape that moves a lot more could be better (like the shaman's), and making it team colored (or not, or a little), but did that cape came out of his armor?
like he wore the cape first then armor.
The tank was nice though, a hose that connects to the flamethrower perhaps? don't know how it would look though.
Face is creepy, kinda like a ghost is in there.

you can ignore all those :p

Well done on creating a nice model.

Thanks.
For the Cape: Many see this wrong, but the cape is ATTACHED to the Armor. (Look at the Picture i posted on this site)
For the Connection between Tank and Weapon: It's too complicated and almost impossible for me to animate something like that.

Level 32
About hints - you can remake flamethrower at your discretion. Retexture his pants to leather. As i see you aded barrel with fuel on his back. Add tag that on it as on explode barrel. Also will be great to make hose, wich will unite barrel and weapon. On the top of barrel put barometer as on Hero Goblin. Many useful parts you can take it from my model "Aero team".

Level 12
Looks really good, I love this variation. Might be useful in case I decide to keep up with my lengthy project and actually use these for "Humans" instead of regular Elven archers. Might add up to diversity. Keep up the good work!

It works well in-game and could be useful. As said here, the idea is good, but the execution leaves a bit to desire. A few issues that could be improved:
  • There's a too close resemblance to the footman, and the added elements don't fit so well. Especially the helmet and the cape. Try to do more changes to the rest so it is less of a footman and more of a flametrooper.
  • You could try to find a way to do a missile that adjusts to attack range and has the flamethrower feel (not obligatory). I see the fixed range here has its pros and cons.
Moved to Substandard. You may request a re-moderation after improving it.