• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flamethrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can I do a Flamethrower to one of my heroes on my map? Every unit in range should be hitted. Can I do so the flames comes from he's mouth? Or just so it looks like it? Thx.

U.V

U.V

Level 7
hia!

ok ive done it before and it might help u too:
go to the unit editor and select the unit u want as the flamethrower.

edit its attack range to almost 0 (40-50 will do i think), edit its effect art to be a flamethrower doodad which is found in spawned doodad or however it is called :roll: and by triggers do that if a unit is attacked by the flamethrower then pick all enemy units in range XXX to attacked unit, paste a visual effect on then and reduce their health.
WALLA!!

hope ive helped
GOOD NIGHT!!

Level 2
The flame thrower thing is in effects and there are not many things in effects so it won't be hard to find. I don't want you to keep searching in doodads so i just wanted to tell you that the flame thrower is in effects. Also you may not even have to use triggers for this because u can simply change the attack to siege and add area of effect damage and targets. To make sure all units are hit u change maximum targets to 99999 or whatever and splash range and distribution help where u want to put the effect and damage. :wink:

Level 2
you could as well use a shortened version of Shockwave (tauren chief) in combination with a trigger that turns the Caster in the direction of the target point and creates the flamethrower specialeffect at the pos of the caster you could also use carrion swarm or breath of fire instead of shockwave but with the wave u got the cool landscape rumble ^^

Level 2
If u have finished ur spell...
Can u give me a map test of ur spell...
It would be very usefull for me...
Thanks for ur answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.