• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is welcomed.
mistybay.png

Level 10
Looks really good for a first terrain, but there are some minor flaws though. The waterfall looks like it's coming from the tree (?), and things are floating, like the trees and rocks. And you could add a bit more vegetation, or at least trees.

Level 15
I think it's very nice, would be nice as a non-first terrain aswell.

BUT to improve yourself, i'll give you critics;
The hill to the far right looks rather empty. Add doodads, and try make some height variations on the hill.
Trees are floating. When you place a tree, try CTRL + PgDn, will look alot better.
Add even more shrubbery! More rocks, some shrubs around tree, and just more.
The background is empty. Maybe add a more clear sky, or/and add alot of more trees? Looks unnatural.
Also the water in the foreground is kind of boring, don't know, maybe add a shipwreck or something?

Excuse me for the critics, I am not saying it's a bad terrain, just mentioning what you should improve :D

Level 2
Waterfall starts from a tree? o_O

It's just the angle of the picture. If you look at it from another angle it obviously is a spring coming out of some rocks, but due to my lovely tree placement it looks like a waterfall is gushing from a tree. :ugly:

Level 15
The wooden hanging bridge doesn't quite fit the stone towers.
There is a perfect bridge for it at wc3campaigns but it seems that the site is currently down.

Level 6
update FTW!!! this is a pretty dam good terrain although i must say that bridge does not go with those towers. im not saying it cant be wooden, but for some one to take the time to build nice towers, i dont think they would build a shit bridge. i mean whole point of building the towers was for the building of the bridge so maybe get a bridge with railings?

Status
Not open for further replies.