• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Pandaren - edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi everyone . This is my first not CnP skin , that means i did not copy anything from whatsoever source and paste it into this skin . And everything here is freehand , hope i did not waste ur time looking at this skin . Basically the fire pandaren brewmaster will still remain a fire pandaren brewmaster , i was just hoping that this skin can make it look more nicer or advance and that it will make the game more interesting as games get boring when you use the old same skins and models . Thank You :wink:

P.S Im a newb in skinning so please comment so that i can improve

Unit : Fire Pandaren Brewmaster

Attachments

• fire pandaren front.JPG
    fire pandaren front.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,185
  • fire pandaren back.JPG
    fire pandaren back.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 325
  • fire pandaren side view.JPG
    fire pandaren side view.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 306
  • fire pandaren side 2.JPG
    fire pandaren side 2.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Fire Pandaren edited by bryan (jpg).JPG
    Fire Pandaren edited by bryan (jpg).JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 288
Level 5
yes i textured it in 128x128 , and how do i make the texture have a higher resolution? and how do you all find the wooden part , im afraid you all will find that it doesnt look nice .

In Photoshop:

1. Click the "Image" text which is in the up-left corner.
2. Choose "Image size"

Now you can change resolution to whatever you want.

I recommend that you have your WIP version in 512x512, and when your finished (meaning the skin is completed) reduce the resolution to 256x256 and then add a sharpen filter (the only good filter).

EDIT:
Also, you really need to add some shading in your textures.

Level 5
ok thanks ! and now i really need help here , i've give it a metal armour at his chest so it doesnt look black and boring like what some of you all said , but i do not know how to shade or make the metal look realistic or metalish . please help me thank you

Attachments

• LOL12.jpg
    LOL12.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 184
2D Art Tutorials - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
This is a good place for 2D tutorials, as you'll find useful stuffs such as "Anti-Noobism Texturing", "Digital Color Blending Technique", etc.

Also, you shouldn't continue from your 128x128 work as the texture is rather blurry. It's better to redo it in it's current resolution.

Level 5
zz nobody replied me :angry:!!! anyway i edited it AGAIN to me it looks more complete now , PLEASE tell me how u feel about it Thanks

Attachments

• fire pandaren front br.JPG
    fire pandaren front br.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 147
  • fire pandaren back.JPG
    fire pandaren back.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 118
  • fire pandaren left.JPG
    fire pandaren left.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 137
  • fire pandaren right.JPG
    fire pandaren right.JPG