1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fel Orc Bloodhulk

Submitted by Huinipachutli
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I have no idea what makes fel orcs turn into hulks such as Gurtogg Bloodboil. But I imagine it having to do with daemon blood abuse.

Inspired by the wow model:
Gurtogg Bloodboil.jpg

If someone bases a model on this skin, I would be grateful.

V.3:
Remade the head Again.
Fixed wrap further.
Made metal more shiny
Made gold less grey.
made skin less red and more orange.
Removed White Highlights on skin.
Added further shading.

V.4:
Desaturated the armour
Fixed Shading and sharpness on skin
Added Highlight to armour.

Give credits to me if used.

Keywords:
Fel Orc, Orc, Daemon, Demon, Chaos, Abomination
Contents

Fel Orc Bloodhulk (Texture)

Reviews
11:30, 31st Jan 2011 shiiK: The wrap is a bit ugly here and there, the arms and neck for the most part. Other than that, it's of decent quality and it works in-game. shiiK: Now it's a bit too flat because you haven't compensated for the dimmer...
  1. 11:30, 31st Jan 2011
    shiiK: The wrap is a bit ugly here and there, the arms and neck for the most part. Other than that, it's of decent quality and it works in-game.

16:45, 27th Jan 2011
    shiiK: Now it's a bit too flat because you haven't compensated for the dimmer highlights with darker shadows. The highlights can also be slightly brighter (you could extract the fel orc's skin and use the colour picker tool to catch the right colours) than this. You've made it all a bit too orange, so using the Hue/Saturation tools on his skin and tapping it slightly more towards red should yield a fine result. It's still a bit blurry too, but it's getting there. You could run a Sharpen filter to help the blurriness, but it makes a better result if you do it manually with a hard brush.
    12:53, 25th Jan 2011
    shiiK: You need to work more on the shading and the wrap before this can be approved. It's a great idea and I hope you give it some more effort. Click the link below for a more detailed review of your skin as well as some suggestions.

Detailed Review

2. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I dont like the overload of black armor. Put less armor on it. Usually, the biggest guy is always the least armored.

3. TurtleRacingCar

TurtleRacingCar

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    imo its a kinda nice idea to turn an abo into a felorc.
    i really like the belly and the teeth,which turn out really creepy and the armorstyle is good.
    you have to improve some things there:
    - its blurry, especially the face. try to work here with a small brush and give it more definition. the alphapart on the bally could have more definitions. please try to define your whole skin a bit more
    - the shading strange. again i have to complain about the face/head. the shading on the eyebrown, jeak, lipp, etc is ok, but highlights on the top of the heads are missing, and shadings on the side and the bottom. at the moment it looks flat. the pants also need more shadings on the bottom.
    - the metalparts.try to make the metalparts(weapons and chain) to look more metalish, that means add more highlights and maybe reflections. even your brown lether? armor has more of them.
    - the face. as you maybe see, iam not really happy with the face. try to make you skin fits more to the wrap. you dont have a straight wrap here, the left side of the face isnt simmular to the right side, so please place your eyebrowns (on the right side of your skin) on the edges of the eyebrowns on the model. just zoom in in the wc3 viewer (or which software you use to check your skins) and you'll see that your eyebrown doesnt follow the modeledges. i would delete the eye on the right side too, i really tryed it many times to draw a good non-blurry eye there and imo it doesn really work and looks just bad

all in all the skin has really great basics like the arms. with a bit more shading, more definition and some changes on the face this one will turn into an epic one :)

4. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    make the skintone look more like the fel grunt on your preview its too red.
    and maybe you can make the cleaver look like the axe of the fel grunt

5. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Extensive review:

* Shading
    The shading is boring and bland, but in the right place for the most part. Try using different colours than white and black/different tools than dodge and burn to do your shading. The leather armour should be duller, with a hint of orange in the highlights rather than white. The metal could benefit from being shinier. The head is awful. White highlights on his forehead makes him look like wax, or plastic. Take a look at the fel orc you have in the preview. The highlights are subtle, orange tones and the shadows are dark, slightly green tones.

* Colour
    The golden trims are a bit too grey and the leather suffers a lot from the white highlights. The red skin is a bit too red compared to the fel orcs.

* Concept
    It's a neat concept, turning the Abomination into an orc seems to work fairly well. Like suggested earlier, though, he might look better with a bare torso. More savage that way.

* Detail
    It's quite blurry, you should work more with a smaller brush to get crisp clear details. Other than that, the skin is adequately detailed.

* Wrap
    There are some issues with the wrap, mentioned in earlier comments. You need to work those out. The head and arm (the one holding the axe) are examples of the bad wrap. Try to work closer with the model when you make skins - constantly switch between UW and wrapped, 2D and 3D.

6. Dionesiist

Dionesiist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Try fiddling with the contrast. It's merely a matter of moving the mouse back and forth.

7. TurtleRacingCar

TurtleRacingCar

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    nice! there aredecent improvements! the face wraps much better now.
    i still see that its kinda blurry :/ maybe you should resize the pic, paint in 512x512 or 1024x1024 and size it back to 256x256 to get more details

8. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Making it 1024 isnt such a good idea, your tiny details get messy and the s56 will look bad. I suggest only up to 512 then resize.

9. TurtleRacingCar

TurtleRacingCar

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    well for him i think its ok... he doesnt work with tiny details

10. GolemWarrior

GolemWarrior

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a good skin, but shiik is right, it doesn't look that savage with armor.

11. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It looks like an armored troll way back in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Nice Skin! :grin:

12. Warcraft23130

Warcraft23130

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since when are the trolls from lord of rings red????????

13. Huinipachutli

Huinipachutli

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I've updated the skin once more with the following modifications:

Sharpened shin (with hard brush, not filter)
    Added extreme shadows.
    Desaturated the black armour.
    Added extreme highlights and shadows to Armour.
    And More...

14. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you're getting there^_^
    i can see this'll get approved soon. don't give up :)

15. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was looking at the armor, not the skin, sorry wrong quote :xxd:

16. Huinipachutli

Huinipachutli

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  17. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  18. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks like he is missing a helmet, but cool.

19. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very useful for mutant Chaos Orcs. I think Fel Mutants should our best for Chaos forces.