• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

face models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need face models that can be attached to the head of villager man male. I prefer human and undead faces.
The faces must fit to head excaly. I use helmet attachments in my map so it wont look cool if the face would stick out.

anyone who's up for this?

Because he doesn't want to replace the original faces, he wants new faces to attach for variability. And he doesn't just want beards, I'm thinking he wants distinct characteristics such as skin texture differences, scars, etc. Sure, chasin, I could fix you up some head attachments, they'll be an exact copy of the villager head, and stretched just enough to cover up the regular one :D
You're gonna have to wait, though, I won't be working on models for a couple of days.

Firsly, don't call someone stupid just because you yourself aren't capable of realizing what they're saying.
Secondly, as I said before... He wants MULTIPLE faces. Importing a skin would cover up the previous face, and therefore, you could only use one. If you want multiple faces attachable to a unit, then you would have to use custom models to do so, which is what I've said I will do this weekend...
You obviously don't understand much about this.

Level 7
that sounds stupid. no offence, but if it's an EXACT copy, just make a new skin!!! (unless you need to switch on and off) it's the best way you can do this! for a new person, just use a new skin... ><

The villager many attachments cost 350kb
A skin cost like 60kb
that means that it cost over 400kb for an new villager with other skin. I already got 5 different villagers, that means that my map is already 2mb only cause of the villager.
A simple attachment of the head cost allot less kb, gives me the opportuniti to switchs heads in game and gives me allot more varriation of characters! Since i dont like it when every player has the same character.

TLI-Inferno i got patience for the head attachments. Real cool you understand me tough.
Thanks allot that youre willing to make this for me:D

Yeah, but you're still gonna have to wait till this weekend lol :( (btw I am gonna use custom textures on the models, however these skins will be only for the face, and so will take up a much smaller file size. A head model is generally around 3-5 KB and the texture will most likely be 6kb-10kb, which is much better than a texture to recover an entire villager when only changing the face, as a texture is generally around 120kb unless the quality of the texture is significantly reduced.
btw ur gonna hate your new file size cuzz a new villager came out with 150 animations
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/villager-150-animations-192204/

Here you go! I created two models for you.
One is a bandit's face, only 1 KB! Simply attach this to a villager as a head attachment, and it will recover his face to look like a bandit, without covering up the villager's hair (allowing you to also be able to change the color of the hair by choosing between the different villager models, or I may make some hair models)
Second model is a peasant's head, which you would attach the same way. This model is the entire head, rather than only a face. If you want me to change it to only the face, simply ask me, and I will do so, which will also reduce the file size to far less than its current 7 KB which is still perfectly acceptable.
Also, keep in mind that neither of these models is simply a rip off of the regular units; they are shaped to fit onto the villager's head while still looking like a bandit/peasant face.
Expect more models soon, but these should do you good for now.
Download them from the pastebin:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=90893q

Level 7
thanks man!

The peasant face looks very nice! first i thought the hair might stick out of some helmets but it dident. woked perfectly:)

The bandit has a little bit of fatty face. It worked fine with most helmets, but it sticked a little bit out of some helmets.

I'm very curious for the next models:D
You definitly get credits in my map!

Lol the bandit face was shaped to look just like the bandit's normal face. Btw that model for the bandit's face wasn't only the front of his face, it was his entire face, which is why it stretched back to
Back of Head=> ( l ) <= Front of Head.
Meaning, not simply the front of your face which a person would see when looking at you from the front, but your face all the way from the left hairline to the right hairline from a side view. Otherwise, the regular villager's face would suddenly show up by the hairline. So that's why the bandit looked like a "fatty face" Btw I'm a bit busy atm but later I'll get to work on sqeezing the bandit face down a bit to wrap tighter on the face, so that it doesn't stick out of even the smallest helmets.
Btw tell me where on the helmet the bandit face stuck out, so that I know which parts to change.

I'm not quite sure it would be accepted; I've uploaded various models and skins before, and users always rate them highly, and comment on their usefulness, however they are always rejected by Moderators. And so, I would rather not upload these into the resource section, as I've made much more complicated models and seen them rejected immediately.
Also, I looked around hive for a bit and found a few things you might be interested in, made by Dionesiist:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/hipster-walrus-185127/?prev=u=Dionesiist&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/manly-chest-186359/?prev=u=Dionesiist&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/man-187909/?prev=u=Dionesiist&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/druid-chops-171012/?prev=u=Dionesiist&r=20&page=3
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/beards-172141/?prev=u=Dionesiist&r=20&page=3
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/black-white-hair-172146/?prev=u=Dionesiist&r=20&page=3

Last edited:
That's obviously not the case, because I've submitted a few models and textures in the past which are very useful, and people comment on how useful they are, however they are immediately removed by moderators for not being high enough quality to be on hiveworkshop (although they generally are higher quality than plenty of what I've seen on hiveworkshop)

darkdeath, what about my models which obviouly couldn't be recolors, as they aren't textures -_-
And I've uploaded more than a single model in the past, but whatever.
They get rejected basically because they aren't custom enough; they don't have a 50000 gigabyte file size from custom textures; I prefer to use in-game textures. But just because a model I make uses in-game textures doesn't mean I didn't spend time making the model itself...

And the low file size on such attachment models, which I'm always able to compact to such low file sizes, such as the bandit face (1 KB!).
But it isn't up to me whether or not the mods accept my models, it's up to them.
Btw here's a link to my most recent model:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/spears-192824/?prev=search=spears&d=list&r=20
In the close-up you might think the teamcolor looks odd, but you would never see the spears so closely in-game.
If you look at the realistically sized in-game screenshots, the teamcolor looks perfectly fine.

The main problem is many of my models are made for being used with each other, but if they won't let a single one of my models stay on the hive, then they never get to see the models in use together. I basically don't upload anything I make now, but that's ok cuzz I can still use it myself, just, nobody else will get to.

Yes, but unfortunately my models are not complex enough to be accepted. They would need to be complex enough to require a minimum of 2 hours of work. Since these face models are designed simple and in large amounts, they won't be accepted. Individually, these face models would be a very simple model without too much use. They're useful together as a group, but in order to keep a pack going I would have to have the models individually approved, and I would rather not get a reputation for being the rejected worker, so I'll keep these models to myself, spread through links but not properly uploaded.

I've created another head. I based this one on Dionesiist's Laborer Model, with his permission.
Rather than uploading multiple pastebins, I simply added it to the previous pastebin, which you may find here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=ynu34j
Also, this guy wants lots and lots of heads, so if anyone else wants to make some heads, feel free to pitch in, I'll even throw in a little rep for you, even though the heads aren't for me.

Level 7
haar.png

I like this head the most! its very nice, exept one little thing, the hair is to short. The normal villager hair will stick out with an different collour. could u maybe fix this?

Anyway, I realy think you should upload them as a pack. Maybe the resources wont be aproved, i dont know. But allot of people will find this very usefull, specialy now the 150 animations villager came out.

Keep up the great work:D and thanks very much again:D

I can't work on anything at the moment; my dad tried to change the password on the computer, and he did not type it properly, and so nobody is able to use the computer. I'm at my friends house at the moment, using his computer to post.
The problem is, my dad tried to fix the problem by taking the computer apart, but he didn't know what he was doing. He took out the motherboard and must have done so improperly because now it cannot be put back into the computer; it no longer fits.

Argh, the comp messed up a few days ago, it doesn't even initialize windows, whoever my dad sent it to might have messed it up. I'm at my mom's house for the weekend, I MIGHT get some work done.
Also, I advise that you use black hair as the base, as black hair can mix in with other colors of hair, and can fit any sort of face, whether the face is black white, or tanned, while blonde hair simply only looks right with certain faces. I suggest you use the normal villager texture, or the black haired peasant texture; there is no point importing both a blonde and black haired texture and model when you can import small hair models using in-game textures.

Last edited:
Btw, if you want me to make hat attachments as well, I'll be glad to. Hats can really identify a person. Not helmets, but actual hats. Like, tight leather caps that cover your head, or cloth hoods that leave only your face exposed. Or fur masks to cover up the rest of your face, when you're cold, leaving only your eyes exposed, which you would cover with a pair of war3 techno goggles.
On the side note, I didn't like the way dionysiist's hair models looked, so I made new ones. Plus, his were black and white, I made a black hair model and a brown hair model. These ones look normal, rather than like hippies.
Check them here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=ynu34j
and download the old worker head again, I made a slight adjustment to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.