• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eye of Kilrogg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has made or would like to make an Eye of Kilrogg model. What I want is a model not based of the WoW Eye, but rather the one in Warcraft 2 which can be summoned by Ogre Mages. :ogre_hurrhurr:

I'm hoping this isn't very difficult, I'd expect it'd be easier than most models. A portrait isn't really necessary but would be convenient (no talking animation needed). Also, in addition to simply hovering, it would be nice to have a "stand" animation in which it spins around once (you know, when he's idle).

Thanks.

Level 7
Why PM? You can just upload it to a post, that way anyone else who wants it can use it without having to ask you especially.

Level 7
Thanks mate. The only thing is the inconsistency of the model being called EyeofKilrogg, and the texture being called EyeOfKillrogg. It's also kind of annoying that the texture path requires "Textures" before it, since all my other textures are on the root level.

Still, those are just a fanatic's trifles. It's a great model mate, +rep for sure. By the way, in the credits (wherever I shall put them) should I give credit to you, RedXIII, or both?

Level 7
Yet another tool... pity Magos' model editor can't edit paths. Or convert BLP<->TGA. They should make one tool that does it all, so that I don't have heaps of different tools for various tiny tasks.

Still, thanks for that, I'll use it. And I'll be sure to credit RedXIII.

Level 7
OK, I got a little problem... the Eye is very difficult to select in the editor (I need to drag over its shadow) and impossible to select in the game. I'm assuming this is due to the model, since I'm using a Flying Machine as the base object and all I've changed is the model.

Have you experienced this before? And if so, have you managed to fix it?

Level 7
Magos' Model Editor CAN convert BLP<->TGA and CAN edit path, you just gotta know how to do it.

I seriously suggest you to use this model instead, though: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/eye-killrog-118411/
It looks a lot better.

Thanks Deolrin! The other one had more of a WC2-y look, but this one does indeed look much better, smoother, and I can select it easily in both the editor and the game. In addition, it uses an internal texture (minimizing both map complexity and file size) and the portrait is fine (the other one seemed to disappear and appear randomly).

By the way, I figured out how to convert images with Magos' editor (embarrassingly simple), but how do I change paths? I just can't find out how. It would help me heaps, I like to use as minimal different tools as possible.

Level 48
You just gotta remove the texture in Texture Manager, rename the texture on your computer and just import it. Depending on the folders it is in, you could have anything from "Textures\Footman.blp" to "Units\Creeps\ForestTroll\ForestTroll.blp" to "Dragon.blp". You'll just have to re-assign all of the materials that refer to the particular texture.

Level 7
Hmm, I thought it might be something like that. A bit more complex than Killrogg Deadeye's solution, but I'll try it out anyway. In any case thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.