• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Extract models from map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i wanna know how to get a model from a map of warcraft 3, is a model that is only in this map (i think), and i wanna use it somewhere else. i have the world editor and the wc3 viewer but i dont know if they can do that.

help me please!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You will need to ask the author of the model for it. He may have only given permission for it to be used in that 1 map so you could get into trouble if you use it in yours.

Anyway, it is loose in the MPQ archive of the map like all imported content and map data files.

Level 2
Something tells me that the map is protected, so, it's against the rules to give you a solution. Ask the author instead, they might be generous enough to supply you with it ;p

okay... bt there is not protection, i just dont know how to do it! i wanna learn how to do it... its not like i extract models always... its my first time

Level 2
Go to the Import Manager, right click the file you want to extract and select "Extract", by defining the output location.

ok that work, but it turns out it wasn't his model is the model of the night elf ranger(not the boold elf), i think that its already on the world editor, i cant find it

but thanks!

It might be using custom textures. Each model comes with textures. If the textures are borrowed from Warcraft III itself, just the import of the model is enough to make it work. If they are custom textures, they will need to be imported for the model to be displayed. You can do this: Extract the model in one directory of yours, e.g. My Documents. Go to the Warcraft III Viewer tool and open the extracted model. Then, go to Current File -> Remap textures... and check what textures the model uses.
Go back to the map you extracted the model from, find those textures and memorize their path, e.g. Textures\BlackCloak.blp or Bump.blp (not an actual path).

You can follow this tutorial as well: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/importing-models-skins-icons-160555/

Status
Not open for further replies.