• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Script] External data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Good day. I am making a large map with a lot of imports for Reforged.And I know about limit in 256Mb and my question is:"Is there any method to make "Local archive with all imports with >500Mb content" and Link it to my map so map still can be hosted but with requirement this import file archive?The goal is to make 2 requirements for map:map itself and "file" storage with all imports.The map is DS Atmosphere+ Medieval+Fantasy RPG with choices for 5-6 players.

Level 4
If you take the approach that other maps have where they provide users with external files. Then you use Allow Local Files to import all external data therefore bypassing any kind of file size limit.

I know of one map specifically that is massive. It is also now unprotected so you will be able to download the latest version and have a look at how they use Local Files and Externalize all game data: Download map "One Piece Random Defense" [Hero Defense & Survival] | 17 different versions available | Warcraft 3: Reforged - Map database

The non-english version of this map provides an external file which is bypassing the current 256mb limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.