• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Expired Token Errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I frequently get expired token errors when I go to post something and then everything I was going to post gets erased when I click back.

Could either the textboxes not be cleared on page load, or the token duration be increased? It's really fruistrating having to back up my posts in notepad before I post anything.

Level 17
Firefox. Newest version.

I get a "could not post: token expired" type error (not word for word) on a regular basis. then i hit the back button, and it pulls up the page, with everything i typed still in the box for like 2 seconds, then it all gets erased. (I actually get to watch the box erase what I was trying to post).

It's maddening. If the page didnt clear out the boxes when I hit the back button it wouldnt be so bad, or if the errors were less common.

It happens most often if I refreshed a page to see new posts instead of going back a couple pages anc clicking links to get back there. But sometimes it does it without me doing that.

Firefox. Newest version.

I get a "could not post: token expired" type error (not word for word) on a regular basis. then i hit the back button, and it pulls up the page, with everything i typed still in the box for like 2 seconds, then it all gets erased. (I actually get to watch the box erase what I was trying to post).

It's maddening. If the page didnt clear out the boxes when I hit the back button it wouldnt be so bad, or if the errors were less common.

It happens most often if I refreshed a page to see new posts instead of going back a couple pages anc clicking links to get back there. But sometimes it does it without me doing that.

You could try copying your posts to the clipboard before hitting send. That way if it gets erased you could paste it back in.

Level 17
Ralle, it's not a cache thing, I've been getting this error for months on 2 different OS installs. As for theme, the default.
Pyritie, I do that most of the time, but once in a while I forget, and that's when I lose my gigantic 3 page post.
Actually I just got it again on this post.
"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired."

Level 17
How about if you make a small post and then edit it quickly?

I could do it that way, but it's usually an issue if I try to post anything large, or if I refreshed the page. It happens during edits too. If I want to use edits to avoid the issue, I would need to edit it like a dozen times for the really big posts. lol.

It's a time thing. The time they give me just isnt always long enough it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.